1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New Tele Thinline build finished...

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by zeppelinofled69, Jan 22, 2021.

1. zeppelinofled69

zeppelinofled69 Tele-Meister

A few years ago I started pulling parts together to do a thinline tele style build, but never got around to figuring out a body.

I had a pickguard, a Warmoth strat neck with locking tuners, a set of Lindy Fralin blues pickups and that was pretty much it...

A few weeks ago I stumbled on a listing that was a pre-finished thinline body for under 100 bucks. I thought to myself... how bad could it be? The pictures looked great, so I took a chance and then ordered the rest of the bits to finish the guitar.

When the body arrived I was shocked at how nice it looked. Finish was nearly perfect with just a little weirdness on the inside edges of the f hole, but that really doesn't bother me. The top is 2 piece Ash and the back is 2 piece Alder. Very lightweight. They also got fancy and did some kind of natural masked binding, which I really like a lot.

All of the name brand parts that I got fit perfectly and the screw holes were placed as well as any body I have ever seen. Neck pocket was snug but not too tight.

Build Details:
    Unknown Chinese Thinline body
    Warmoth 22 fret strat neck with 58' profile and 9" fretboard radius.
    Fender locking tuners
    Kluson 6 saddle bridge
    Fender F neckplate
    Schaller strap buttons and locks
    Standard fender tele style wiring setup, nothing fancy.

Attached Files:

2. Alfajock

Alfajock TDPRI Member

Nice work, looks great!

crazydave911 and zeppelinofled69 like this.
  3. Oldsmobum

Oldsmobum Tele-Holic

All of these thinline builds coming out are not helping my attempts to not buy one...

crazydave911 and zeppelinofled69 like this.
  4. crazydave911

crazydave911 Doctor of Teleocity

I got this Glarry for $125 new :)

received_1588655524657511.jpeg

I couldn't resist lol

Dave

5. GrooveVoyager1

GrooveVoyager1 TDPRI Member

Real nice rebuild! Got a Glarry thinline (HB/SC) for a project a few weeks ago and I just replaced pups and plugged in before re-stringing and now have loud hum on both pup settings.
    Not sure what's happening as there was no ground hum noise on the former cheapo pickups???
    Will open up control plate today and see if there is any loose solder wiring. I followed reverse order of replacement pups so not sure what the issue is. The replacement config is HB Size p90(neck) and Wilkinson Nashville style ceramic single coil(bridge)
    Can't test as meter is currently out of commission so I may need to pick up a meter today and troubleshoot?
    Any idea why there's hum noise now but no hum noise before, if wiring is ok?
    crazydave911 did you replace the pups on your Glarry thinline and if so run into any noise issues?

6. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Looks great.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.