New Tele on the Way

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by HighlonesomeF5, Sep 27, 2019.

1. HighlonesomeF5

HighlonesomeF5 TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Ordered a AmPro. Scheduled to arrive on Monday. Boy I hope I like the deep C neck. Going to A-B with the Strat I bought with V neck. Loving the V, but one will have to go back to GC.

Bones, Shuster and gwjensen like this.
  2. OzShadow

OzShadow Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I was worried about the deep C but it is just as easy to play if not more so than my 2011 Standard.

3. HighlonesomeF5

I tried both the Tele and Strat before I bought the Strat at GC. The deep C felt wide yet thin, I didn't like it. The V feels great. Thing is I really want a Tele but don't want to spend the money to replace the neck on a new guitar.

4. Telecaster88

Telecaster88 Tele-Meister

Deep C is about as close I've seen them get to my favorite necks -- the ones on Am Stds in the late 80's 90's. I grew up playing those so they feel 100% natural in my hands. When I was looking for a #1 Strat I almost bought an Am Pro, but waited til I found the right used Am Std. Perfect, and saved a bunch of $$ to boot! But I would say most people like the Am Pro necks... I hope you do too!

5. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

One of my Teles has a U profile and it's great for about an hour or a bit longer straight then gets crampy.

6. HighlonesomeF5

Tele arrived today. Cant believe GC doesn’t require a signature. Luckily it wasn't stolen.

Played some. The deep C neck feels a lot more comfortable them when I first tried it in GC. Has a lot more twang than the Clapton Strat. I will A-B them to make my decision.

Question, is the ash tray cover meant to only cover the brass saddles and not the entire bridge? Not a big deal just curious. Was hoping for a parts tray.

7. Wallaby

Wallaby Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Yup, the ashtray is a "shorty".

8. Wallaby

Wallaby Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I think we're supposed to demand photos or something...

But happy NGD, belated! I have a 2017 AmPro and love it, until recently it's been my ONLY electric guitar, and I've played it a lot, I find it really comfortable and I've been able to keep it in good shape. It's on to needing its second level and crown now.

I hope you like yours as much as I like mine! What color is it, what fretboard?

I also recently switched to round-core pure nickel strings - it made the bridge pickup more versatile for me. I suspect that's a not-so-secret that I just discovered.

9. HighlonesomeF5

Here’s the picture. If I keep it will probably replace the mint guard with a white one. Any suggestions on a good source?

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.