New Tele. Is it normal?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Fenderrrr, Mar 24, 2020.

1. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

E-mail pictures to the seller, and demand a 20% rebate if cash, 25% if merchandise.

This was the last in stock. It is potentially the case, that a somewhat similar MIM Lefty will be quite hard to find. FMIC guitars, except MIJs, the Lefty buyer gets the short end of the stick and can be stuck with nothing at all.

gwjensen likes this.
  2. Fenderrrr

Fenderrrr TDPRI Member

It seems like so. And i've found two inseption tags on the box. Messed up, it seems.

Yes it is GAK. Always a great service in my experience. Offering just a repair on a new guitar bought at full price is a bit of a slap in the face, tho.

I'm pissed off, especially since the model is gorgeous. I had read some not so pleasant reviews on this years quality. My bad.

I'm going to return it to avoid any hassle with local repairmen, only shady people in my book lol

The customer service just offered to fix it at their workshop so i just cut it short and asked for the full refund. Tele players are still quite avalable but honestly, since the mixed QC i'm going to look at them in person.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    ChickenKiller likes this.
  3. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

I had my suspicions having received several 'B' stock guitars in open box or the wrong box over the years from GAK. I started using Thomann as a result.
    I would return it under the Consumer Contract regulations as faulty. GAK are obliged to pay for the return.
    Andertons, PMT, Guitarguitar seem to have stock of the black Player LH, slightly more expensive than GAK at £649 though.

Edit
    That should be £549, finger trouble!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Fenderrrr likes this.
  4. Fenderrrr

Fenderrrr TDPRI Member

I've had the opposite experience. Thomann has failed me multiple times. I guess reliability comes at a price. Andertons, PMT, Guitarguitar are slightly more expensive but you know what, i'm tired of wasting time in returns to save a mere 30 bucks.

5. john_cribbin

john_cribbin Tele-Afflicted

Andertons will try to price match ...

Fenderrrr likes this.
  6. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

@Fenderrrr I'd bring this to the attention of Fender UK who are coincidentally based halfway between you and Brighton.

You say you like the finish of the guitar but I'm not sure if you know how it plays as it looks as though it's been set up in the dark.

If you genuinely like it GAK should be falling over themselves to help you to keep it.

A refund causes them all sorts of problems so I'd be pushing for some value-add to sweeten the deal. A hard case, 10 sets of strings, a quality gig bag - something that YOU want.

To deliver a guitar in that shape is unforgivable so I'd dig in for something or send it back.

But let Fender know.

Good luck. :)

Bob M and Fenderrrr like this.
  7. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

That’s because it’s the standard way around and the rest of your guitar is the wrong way around. Not sure whether that’s the norm. for a lefty.

8. Fenderrrr

Fenderrrr TDPRI Member

I’m going to ask them then thanks!

The customer service guy didn’t say a word about refunds and frankly I don’t want to beg. This model is a bit on the pricey side, especially since there is no bag at all. To have it in perfect working condition should be a minimum. I’m going to drop a line at fender for sure!

nojazzhere and PeterUK like this.
  9. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Just an increasingly common ‘I saved £x buying on line and now I have a problem’ thread. Pop into your local shop, if you still have one, and ask them to sort it,

10. Switchy

Switchy Tele-Holic

Oh Lord! That is horrible. Actually seems like somebody bought it, messed with it, and then returned it.
    Absolutely not acceptable.

Fenderrrr likes this.
  11. Fenderrrr

Fenderrrr TDPRI Member

The guitar looks and feels like new, but then again it will look that way when I send it back. It could be it is an already returned guitar. In that case it’s a big mistake on store’s part.

12. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Yes, do that. Maybe they'll direct you to an authorized repair shop that will correct the problems at no charge under your warranty.

PeterUK and Fenderrrr like this.
  13. Wallaby

Wallaby Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

That's my guess.

14. PeterUK

I'm not sure begging is the right term. I'd be pushing them [not begging] for a resolution to the problem.

Question: Is your profile picture you? The reason I ask is that this thread is about a leftie and your picture shows a right-had guitarist?

:) Peter

Fenderrrr likes this.
  15. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

Wherever you got it from, it needs to go back and they to give you a replacement one. Period.

You are covered by the Consumer Act.

Fenderrrr likes this.
  16. Fenderrrr

Fenderrrr TDPRI Member

Yeah but if the store doesn't offer you anything other than a "will fix it" to me it's over. Gimme full refund and i am going somewhere else with my $$$.

Lol no, that's Graham Coxon in the 90s!

Well said, mate. I'm waiting for them to get back to me.

Where do you get your lefty supply in the UK?

Cheers

17. PeterUK

Doh! Of course it is! How embarrassing. :lol:

Fenderrrr likes this.
  18. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

Unfortunately I have.. I tried a brand new Meteora earlier this year and it was as bad as this guitar... the neck pickup didn't even work at all, and the setup was incredibly wacked out.

Fenderrrr and 8barlouie like this.
  19. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Interesting question Sherlock!

20. Fenderrrr

Fenderrrr TDPRI Member

I think a lot of the hassle could be easily fixed by the retailer. I don't expect a guitar to travel the world and be set up and ready to rock out of the box. But the store has to make sure everything is ok. They even say it to you "send it back, the workshop can fix it".

So, do it BEFORE you ship the freaking guitar!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.