New Tele for me. MIJ Fernandes.

Lonn

Friend of Leo's
I got a new job the other day so I treated myself to some new guitars yesterday. My favorite is a near mint 90s MIJ Fernandes.

4YrK4Ge.jpg

pippoman

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
You did good! A friend bought one of those from a pawn shop about 20 years ago for $120.00 and it’s one of the easiest guitars to play I’ve ever held. He’s one of those guys who never sells a guitar; I’ve tried to buy it and he won’t even consider selling it. The pickups are very thin sounding as I remember - kinda like the 50s Teles - and it sounded great for chicken pickin’.

Lonn

Friend of Leo's
I’ve only been able to play it for a couple of minutes with the old strings but I’m hoping to get some time with it this weekend.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I got a new job the other day so I treated myself to some new guitars yesterday. My favorite is a near mint 90s MIJ Fernandes.

4YrK4Ge.jpg
Beautiful!, and I can guarantee a fantastic player.

My first Tele ( no longer have it, needed $$) was a brand new (1986?) Fernandes TE-52 ( '52- style butterscotch/black pickguard) Tele and it sounded fantastic.

In 1992 I joined into a fun Chicago blues meets T-Birds style band ( harmonica based and I was kind of a ' Jimmy Vaughan' or ' Ronnie Earl' wannabe) and I was in blues heaven ( learning) playing two copies- a red Peavey Strat and the Fernandes Tele!

Sax-son

Tele-Afflicted

4YrK4Ge.jpg
Those are really great guitars. I had the Strat version for a while and I loaded it with Frailin vintage hots. It sounded and played as good as any of my Fender guitars. Very underrated in my opinion.