New Tech 21 SansAmp PSA 2.0 analog preamp pedal...

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Thin white duke, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Afflicted

2. telel6s

telel6s Tele-Afflicted

I have no doubt that with Tech 21's track record this will sound great for what it's meant to do. But I am surprised there's no Mid tone control, only low and hi.

For the XLR, I'm guessing they didn't have enough physical space so decided it wasn't a priority. Or conversely, by talking to decades of SansAmp users it wasn't something high on the wish list.

Along the same lines there is only one 1/4" output. It's low-Z but unbalanced. But should suffice just fine for sending the signal to a board.

What I do find interesting about that output is that it's TRS so you could send a speaker sim signal to a board and a non-speaker signal to an amp. But you need a TRS splitter cable to do that. Again they likely ran out of real estate to have two separate outputs. Or figured only 10% of users need dual outputs so used just one jack for financial or complexity reasons.

Obviously the above is just me making guesses.

As for an FX loop, I've heard the same criticism of Strymon's new amp/speaker Sim pedal.

I did see one of the pre-loaded patches is called "Tele® Simulator". I'm curious to know what that entails.

3. Thin white duke

I think there is plenty of space, Mooer put one in the micro d.i., i don't get it really...

Yes this is a good feature.

Still it looks strange, i can'f find a picture of the back but it looks like there is only one input and one output in 20 cm...

Yes, same here but i feel like they have missed something like the send-return in the first fly rig, lot of disappointment from the users...

Tech 21 is a great brand anyway, we'll hear how it sounds soon i hope...

4. telel6s

telel6s Tele-Afflicted

I checked the manual. Only one input and one output jack. The output is TRS.

Regarding a FX loop, this isn't a Fly Rig. It's just the amp/speaker sim. Maybe they feel that all pedals will be placed in front of this just like they would be with a guitar amp that doesn't have send/return. Or when recording, all the delays and reverbs will be added to a dry track in the computer. As mentioned, Strymon made the same choice. The market will decide if that was a good idea or not.

5. Thin white duke

Yes this is what i tough as well, i think that they could add. some more features, not a lot, just a few because the baby is rather expensive and you've got multieffects like the Helix Stomp and others that cost just a few dollars more but have basically everything inside...
    I'm probably wrong....:):):)

telel6s likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.