New Supro Booster arrived

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by milocj, Apr 2, 2016.

1. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

So, I have a bit of a "thing" for boost pedals. I have a couple of older Catalinbread Picoso Boosts, I've built a couple of the Stage 3 model from GuitarPCB, and I have an old Machine Head Pedals Boost that I don't think is made anymore so I was sort of anxiously awaiting the release of the Supro.

It arrived today, but I didn't get much of a chance to try it as I got a call that my dad had been taken to ER so I had to go dog-sit for most of the day shortly after opening the box. I did get a chance to try it out for 15 minutes late this evening and so far I really like it.

The build quality seems excellent and I didn't realize when ordering it that it had a soft touch silent switch with no "click". That's nice, and all three switchable modes are nice and usable. Only got to try it out with my Cabronita partscaster that a few weeks ago I had planned on parting it back out, but now I think that guitar is definitely staying .

Tomorrow I'll be digging through the parts drawers to see if I can find a TRS jack to turn an old Wah into an expression pedal which is one of the features on these new pedals I really wanted to try.

Serenity23 likes this.
  2. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats, and I hope your Dad is doing OK too!

3. Serenity23

Serenity23 Tele-Holic

I'm really interested in this. Any more feedback on it now you've had it a few days?

4. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Me too

5. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I haven't had a chance to turn an old Cry Baby into an expression pedal to try that function yet, but I really like the pedal itself.

As I mentioned, I'm a bit of a booster junkie so I have a bunch of keepers. With this one, I don't particularly care for the brightest of the three toggle positions as its just too thin and weak for me. The other two, with the middle being my favorite, are very useful and none of the three are subtle changes.

The middle thickens things up nicely and with the pot above 1:00 pretty much puts the pedal more into a crossover OD with the option to bring it down into a thick tone boost and not having to really bump the volume much from unity.

Also, RTR, thanks for the well wishes about my dad. He's out and doing fine.

Serenity23 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.