1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Custom

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Tele60x, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Steve G

Steve G Friend of Leo's

Dagnabbit! Im trying to resist!!

2. bluescube

bluescube Friend of Leo's

I can't decide between the '72 Custom or the one with the Jazzmaster neck pickup. I have to sell my VM Jazzmaster first, just not into the offset body shape. Rather have a Tele body.

3. FuZZBoY

FuZZBoY Tele-Meister

I hope the wide range neck pickup is the "improved" one, I don't like the old ri version.

And the duncan design doesn't seem to sound great according to some tdpri users (same Duncan Designed™ TE-101B as in the squier thinline). But a nocaster bridge is a fairly almost cheap upgrade!!
    And I need a backup guitar since my bassist got back his CV Telly VB (that he bought on my advice ;) )

Edit : link to the Thinline review

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-discussion-forum/72379-new-tele-squier-vintage-modified-thinline.html

4. cantonmotors

cantonmotors TDPRI Member

OH YEA. I have been wanting to buy one of the 72 RI customs for a while and can't convince myself to spend that kind of money. But this one I might just order up

5. JazzTwanger

JazzTwanger Tele-Meister

The vintage modified Custom is definitely bringing on the GAS. Even if the pickups need upgrading, it would still be a steal.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.