New Squier Standard Tele 'guard

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by tonebro, Sep 2, 2014.

1. tonebro

tonebro Tele-Meister

Been awhile since I've been on the forums. Glad to see Squier has a place here. Just bought a new blonde Squier Standard. I'm upgrading the electronics with CTS pots, a 4-way OG switch, Sprague orange drop cap, electrosocket input, Wilkinson EZ Lock tuners and Fralin p'ups, 2% over. I'd like to source a nice black 'guard to go on her, too. 8-hole .060 thickness. Can't seem to find a stock Squier 'guard anywhere. I'd prefer not to go after-market to the tune of $35. But....Any input greatly appreciated! Thanks.

2. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

3. tonebro

tonebro Tele-Meister

Anyone try one of these on a Squier?

Just curious before I make a jump, and how it worked out for you. Thanks, brothers!

4. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

I've not had any issues with fitting pickguards from guitar fetish on my Squiers.

5. Grant Orino

Grant Orino TDPRI Member

6. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

GFS stuff is fine...fits well and I've used them with no issues. Just suggested Warmoth because of more options. Either way...you win. Oh...and Warmoth is a site supporter but price may outweigh that fact...

7. tonebro

tonebro Tele-Meister

Just ordered Fralin p'ups; Mini-'bucker for the neck and a stock Tele bridge, 2% over. So, GFS had a nice b/w/b 'guard for the Mini. Ordered that and a black chrome plated oval input jack and some black plated domed knobs. Already have the EZ Lock tuners. Also got decals coming from Trey, a.k.a. EF Hays, Jr. I've ordered from him before. He does nice work. 3 decals for $24, shipped. If anyone wants his email addy, let me know. He's cool. I'll put pics up when she's complete! Thanks for all the input, brothers! Have a great weekend! Can't wait to get this project in gear....pun intended!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.