1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NEW! Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster!

Discussion in 'Epic Threads' started by bowlfreshener, May 30, 2008.

1. AnArmyOfJuan

AnArmyOfJuan Tele-Meister

ok, you guys gotta set a brother on the right path. right now I have a Lite Ash Tele, a '51 that's stock aside from a GFS bridge, and a mahogony neck-through tele-ish monster.

I will buy one of these CV squiers. but which? the tele or one of the strats? the strat is the only fender I've never owned (well, aside from a marauder and starcaster. never got my hands on one of those). doesn't seem like too many people have gotten one of the CV strats yet, though.

2. GuloGulo

GuloGulo Tele-Meister

Am I the only one that's not going to get one of these?
    I was however freaking out about it when I first saw it.. It IS a good deal and a steal for the price, its like Leo Fender modern revival. I'm just not into new stuff. I like used, neglected things people think is junk. However the junk turns into antiques then I can't afford it either :mad:

3. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I'm not.

Um, I'm gonna get one of the CV Duo Sonics... :rolleyes: :oops:

4. AnArmyOfJuan

yeah, I was looking real hard at the DuoSonic, especially since a much-modified '72 Musicmaster was my main guitar for many years. I think I've become more comfortable with the 25.5" scale since my Musicmaster was stolen.

[​IMG]

I do miss it, though.

5. ccrnnr9

ccrnnr9 Tele-Holic

6. kp8

kp8 Friend of Leo's

I have had 2 '78s (black and wine red) and a '66 MM. Sorry to hear it was stolen. I really like the looks of that one and you really made it your own. I'd love to see a larger picture of that guitar. Very Very cool!

-kp--

7. AnArmyOfJuan

I wish I had taken more pics of it. especially one that included the serial number on the neck plate. :-/

8. fungusyoung

fungusyoung Tele-Afflicted

Just got mine today. Great guitar, especially for $300. I'm pretty amazed with the fit, finish (nice wood grain showing through) & especially the neck. Sounds awesome, but I will really put it through the paces this weekend. It's not real lightweight, but it's also not 10 lbs.

They did everything with this guitar that I always thought they should do with the standard Fender MIM Tele.

Thanks to everyone that shared their enthusiasm. I'm going to get a new jack & maybe a new switch & settle in with mine for a few months before considering any mods. Might end up staying mostly stock or I could end up moving towards an Esquire mod down the road.

9. teleamp

teleamp Poster Extraordinaire

Got mine yesterday, great value! Already did the Esquire conversion.
    [​IMG]

10. kp8

kp8 Friend of Leo's

did the esquire mod but left the hang tag on? ha~ That is classic!

11. triage911

triage911 TDPRI Member

I got mine today as well and I am pretty shocked at the quality of this thing. The neck and frets are better than the MIM standards I've seen and played and I really like the semi-transparent finish on the body. Its the same weight and heft of my 72ri Custom and the stock pickups are better than I expected. All around, a good purchase.

12. fungusyoung

fungusyoung Tele-Afflicted

That looks fantastic! I was considering a white guard with or without the Esquire mod. Is that guard a standard white?

13. Shepherd

Shepherd Friend of Leo's

That's the only colour it comes in? Blah.

14. teleamp

teleamp Poster Extraordinaire

It has a bit more color to it in person and more contrast to the pick guard too.

The pg is from a mim 50's Esquire.

15. kcp

kcp TDPRI Member

After 2 weeks of reading all the posts, looking at the pictures, and listening to a clip, it's been ordered!

16. Jellecaster

Jellecaster Friend of Leo's

Yeah! What's up with that!?! I don't care if it costs $299 and is every bit as good as a $1000 Tele - if I can't have it in burnt sienna or watermelonburst, I'm not interested. ;)

17. collinsman

collinsman Tele-Afflicted

actually they're not that white in person - more of a cream color.

18. triage911

triage911 TDPRI Member

A semi-transparent cream color at that, you can see the pine grain pretty clearly in person.

19. Spunky99

Spunky99 Tele-Meister

Mine will arrive at work shortly today......maybe in 1/2 hour on the early (ups dropped another one) truck
    I have the whole weekend to play with it and do maintenance on my truck...
    I have a Fender gigbag ready for it. I'll put it in the gig bag and put it in the garage storage cabinet and allow the wife to see me pull out this dusty gig bag and bring it into the house. Tell her I just didn't have room for this cheapo guitar in the house with the other 14 I have in the closets that she has only seen 5 of so far in the last 7 months she's been here....;)

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, especially after having a GAS attack.....

What to do with that beautiful Guitarmill pine body she hasn't seen yet either....?:lol:

20. collinsman

collinsman Tele-Afflicted

I'm curious to know how many of us TDPRI's have purchased the tele Vibe - I'm guessing around 20 - what do you think ?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.