New song: The Story Of Life (collab with Ken Lasaine)

chulaivet1966

Friend of Leo's
Good day all....

Finally got off my duff and finished up another one.
Ken Lasaine on rhythm/lead guitars and I did a limited rhythm track during choruses and outro.

The song title came to me a week ago so I wondered if I could come up with something on such a broad subject.
Well....turns out after I finished the lyrics I realized I'm talking to my younger self!
Not sure it made a difference in my life quite yet.

Thanks Ken for your creativity.....and thanks to any that give it a spin.
Hope you found it worthy of your time.

The Story Of Life (Key of A - 4:16 -120bpm)
Intro: E (1-8)
Verse 1
Spread your wings and take a deep breath, what you’ll become lies just up ahead. Every stumble, every sad regret is just a lesson so we won’t forget.

Chorus:
A wild ride on the arrow of time. (It’s the story of life) You’ll have your tales and I have mine. (It’s the story of life)

Verse 2:
You see the line that divides right & wrong. Choose wisely, you’ve got to be strong. Confidence must be unshaken. Just be yourself ‘cause everyone else is taken.

Chorus:
A wild ride on the arrow of time. (It’s the story of life) You’ll have your tales and I have mine. (It’s the story of life)

Lead Break:
verse music + chorus music + bridge music

Verse 3:
It’s all about choices, a lifetime test. You can go southeast or head northwest. So many questions and so much to know. If you’re looking for answers you turn every stone. Stay out of trouble and sly like a cat. Know when to walk away and when to push back.

Chorus:

Bridge:

Vamp outro

© Wayne Evans: Lyrics/music/arrangement March 15, 2022

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
Good day all....

Finally got off my duff and finished up another one.
Ken Lasaine on rhythm/lead guitars and I did a limited rhythm track during choruses and outro.

The song title came to me a week ago so I wondered if I could come up with something on such a broad subject.
Well....turns out after I finished the lyrics I realized I'm talking to my younger self!
Not sure it made a difference in my life quite yet.

Thanks Ken for your creativity.....and thanks to any that give it a spin.
Hope you found it worthy of your time.

The Story Of Life (Key of A - 4:16 -120bpm)
Intro: E (1-8)
Verse 1
Spread your wings and take a deep breath, what you’ll become lies just up ahead. Every stumble, every sad regret is just a lesson so we won’t forget.

Chorus:

Verse 2:
You see the line that divides right & wrong. Choose wisely, you’ve got to be strong. Confidence must be unshaken. Just be yourself ‘cause everyone else is taken.

Chorus:

Lead Break:
verse music + chorus music + bridge music

Verse 3:
It’s all about choices, a lifetime test. You can go southeast or head northwest. So many questions and so much to know. If you’re looking for answers you turn every stone. Stay out of trouble and sly like a cat. Know when to walk away and when to push back.

Chorus:

Bridge:

Vamp outro

© Wayne Evans: Lyrics/music/arrangement March 15, 2022
Hi Wayne,
I really love the guitar solo.
Quite long, but it changes in its melody and fits quite well.
What I really like is the lyrics.
Great message.
And I am sure your life has made a difference, as I can see it in your words in the song.
Thanks for sharing.
Rene

chulaivet1966

Friend of Leo's
This was really a fun one. Wayne let me do 'whatever I wanted' so I just sort cut loose on a Les Paul and a Martin D35.

Howdy Ken....
I agree, this was a joy to get finished up and recorded to our satisfaction.

"whatever I wanted"....Absolutely!....that's how I roll with our collabs. :)

I did finish up a video late last night.

Thanks for your impeccable contributions.

chulaivet1966

Friend of Leo's
Hi Wayne,
I really love the guitar solo.
Quite long, but it changes in its melody and fits quite well.
What I really like is the lyrics.
Great message.
And I am sure your life has made a difference, as I can see it in your words in the song.
Thanks for sharing.
Rene
Howdy Rene....

Thank you very much for giving it a spin and the generous comments.
My music is comparatively simple by most standards.
My focus has always been on lyric quality/originality....of course, the listeners ultimately decide whether I've succeeded. :)

Yep....I seldomly adhere the 3 minute threshold....creative license. :)
I always give plenty of room in the arrangement to let the guitarist shine and have some fun.

Thanks again for checking it out.

Have a great day....

Last edited:

Joefish

Tele-Afflicted
... as a general observation, I was distracted (big time) by two things:

1) Production: Immediately, as in less than two seconds, I was just stunned! It sounds like big time budget in a proper studio (... tracking and everything else).

2) Ken's rhythm work. It was just perfect. The solo was great, but that rhythm just makes it; it swims.

chulaivet1966

Friend of Leo's
... as a general observation, I was distracted (big time) by two things:

1) Production: Immediately, as in less than two seconds, I was just stunned! It sounds like big time budget in a proper studio (... tracking and everything else).

2) Ken's rhythm work. It was just perfect. The solo was great, but that rhythm just makes it; it swims.

Mornin' Joefish....

I thank you for giving it a listen and the quite generous comments.
I knew it would be a lyrical challenge because it's such a broad subject.
I don't write lecturing, preaching songs and almost thought this one may come off as breaking my writing protocol.
Then it hit me.....I'm admonishing a younger mini-me. :)

Thanks a again....have a great day.

chulaivet1966

Friend of Leo's
I really enjoyed the bass/drums groove in this, and the one that came up after it (Atlantis), and the guitar work was great!
Mornin' mexicanyella....

I thank you for giving a listen of this one, "Atlantis" and the kind comments.
"Atlantis' was a fun write also and it was great to collab with Ken.

Thanks again and have a great day...

chulaivet1966

Friend of Leo's
Howdy Big Monz....

Thank you sir for listening to both songs and the very generous comments.
Yes....Ken'a axe work is stellar and it's a pleasure working with him.

Have a great day and hope all is well.