1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New song idea.

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mjea80, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Mjea80

Mjea80 Tele-Meister

Being a guitar player at heart, I’ve been wanting to move my musical focus back towards more guitar driven sounds than predominantly synth layered tracks. Also trying to do a little more with my bass lines.

Been really into modulation effects lately.. chorus, delay, reverb, phaser, whatever can get me that dreamy sound Im after.

Here’s a new track Ive started on in the last little while. All using my old Tele. I plan to finish it up and then add lyrics.

Wally, Lowerleftcoast and Buell like this.
  2. Lowerleftcoast

Lowerleftcoast Friend of Leo's

You didn't ask for a critique. Feel free to ignore the following...

I like the lead guitar. The dreamy sound is rather nice. The rhythm guitar and bass are too busy. Less is more. Only use the eighth notes on occasion with the bass.

Mjea80 and Wally like this.
  3. drewg

drewg Tele-Meister

To my ears it sounds great, quite professional. I love the way your clean tele sounds!

Mjea80 likes this.
  4. aeyeq

aeyeq Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

The “keep it simple, all the money is on the first five frets”folks are likely right but weirdos like me like it.

I like movement across the ensemble.

Mjea80 likes this.
  5. Mjea80

Mjea80 Tele-Meister

Thanks for listening and offering some advice.

After listening to the piece a few times, I do agree that I am going to dial the bass back a bit, definitely in the verse part.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I changed the humbucker out in the Tele to a 67’ single coil neck pickup and its really added to the clean tones. :)

Thanks for taking a listen.

Im definitely experiementing with different sounds and trying to pan them or modulate them so the sound has its own space in the mix.

Lowerleftcoast likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.