New song from 41TWIN for you all.....

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
So I'm turning 50 years old today...... I figured I would write a song for myself about myself. Plus there is a 50th birthday wish to anyone turning 50 this year. I'll be honest, I'm trying to focus on the fun, positive aspects but deeper down I'm sort of freaking out. Where did the time go? LOL....

Have a good day everyone!!!!!

swervinbob

Friend of Leo's
I will hit 50 on July 22. I made it past the “live fast, die young” stage. Figure now I’ll try to stick around and see what happens.

Happy birthday

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Hey, JJ, happy birthday and the song turned out well! I dig the bassline and dirty bass tone...was that the J or the P? Were you using the JHS fuzz or amp distortion or what? Sounds like a little bit of Geddy snuck in there...

Anyway, the bass part and the ebb and flow of the drums really work together well...please pass my compliments on to Bryan also.

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
@swervinbob Yeah I mean when I was 20 I never thought I'd make it to 40. Most of my family seems to live to a pretty old age. Although my Mom's mom got dimensia in her 70's I think. I don't think she made it much past 80. But my Dad side.... My Great Grandpa was 86. My Great Grandma was 93. My Grandma was 98-1/2. So I mean, I could have another 40 or so. Or I will drop over tomorrow. I try not to think about all that cuz it sort of whigs me out. All I got is today. Right now. LOL. The rest is a mystery.

@mexicanyella Thanks man!!!!! It does mean a lot that you liked the bassline. If you're not just being nice. LOL. I mean in all honestly I was pretty happy with it. And it was like I pulled it out of my butt. Again it was one of those that just sort of came to me in the middle of the night. And I didn't even plan that. As you know.

Funny thing is, I played it through my Vox guitar amp, with the gain boost on but the gain knob all the way down. But I used the Pbass. So I'm pretty sure the humbuckers were part of the reason it sounds so distorted. It wasn't what intended it to sound like. But once it was in I was fine with it. I actually thought the sound fit the song well. I think the J is usually cleaner sounding, even though I use the gain boost. I'm thinking it's just the difference between single coils and humbucker.

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Wow, that’s P-bass through a Vox Cambridge? That’s punker than...a real punk thing.

Yeah, from what I’ve seen P-type pickups seem to skew pretty hot in output; that’s great that with the boost on but gain wound down on that Vox you’ve got a ready-to-go dirty bass tone for recording. Sounds pretty grab-n-go.

You know that’s making me wonder about the possibilities of using that little amp for live direct-to-PA tone...

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
Could u imagine showing up to a gig with an 8" speaker guitar combo amp as a bass player????? lol. The country band doesnt have any room on the board for my bass amp. thats why im hauling around the 2-10" rumble 100 lately. we play mostly small bars and i dont get past 1.5 on the volume. when we played the big outdoor gig we had a professional sound dude and of course a line out. i think i had it up a bit higher cuz we were outside but not much. that gen II rumble has some serious power. ive had it up to like 4 in the garage and i thought the garage door was going to shake off. i feel like it is a 500 watt disguised as a 100 watt. The country dudes would NOT like the gritty tone. 😁😎