1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New Song "All That's Left to Do"

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Ward, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Ward

Ward Tele-Holic

I've been trying to think more like a steel player when playing rhythm parts. Hopefully I'm starting to sound a little more musical, which is one of my goals for this year. Here's a new number I wrote called "All That's Left to Do (is Say Goodbye)".

All That's Left to Do

It's my MIM Tele though my Pocket Pod set to a Class A amp.

Hope you like it.

Ward

2. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Doctor of Teleocity

Traditional country indeed! I think it sounds very Ray Pricey. You are quite the wordsmith too. I could picture a bunch of little Don Rich 'fills and trills' in there accenting the lyrics but then, I've never been known to be much of an arranger. Good job Ward.

3. Ward

Ward Tele-Holic

Thanks for the compliments man.

I'm normally inclined to throw the Don Rich/Merle Haggard chickin pickin licks in there, but I'm in a country shuffle phase right now, and I'm trying to mimic that style of steel guitar playing (as best I can, anyway :lol:)

Thanks for listening.

4. Mojohand40

Mojohand40 Tele-Afflicted

Good stuff. Yeah, I can hear the pedal steel influence.
    I love the more traditional Country type stuff like this.
    How are you doing your drums?
    I liked it, though, I REALLY liked your last song "In The Bedroom Tonight".
    Keep it up, I enjoy your Soundclick page.

5. Ward

Ward Tele-Holic

Thanks for the compliments! I'm working hard on that pedal steel rhythm stuff.

The drums are actually Band-in-a-Box. You have to get the real drums to go along with it. They have a few different country drum styles, but I always gravitate towards the Nashville Swing.

I find that Band-in-a-box is easier to program than a normal drum machine, because it allows me to think in chords, rather than measures. It's really easy to export the drum tracks into my DAW (Cubase).

I'm using the MIDI bass as well. It's mixed fairly low, because it sounds a little artificial if I have it to high. I'm saving up for a MIM bass to redo those tracks, and I think once I do so the arrangements will feel a lot more full. All other instruments are me playing.

Thanks for listening.

Ward
    I'm also using the Band-in-a-Box

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.