New Software Discussion - Questions

TDPRI

Retired
We want to get the site open as quickly as possible, so we'll do so even though there may be a few things outstanding to take care of.

First Look in this Forum Problems & Issues forum for the "Quick Help" threads - they'll answer the easy questions.

Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 12.35.17 PM.png

Post your problems and questions here and the mods and I will work to answer them. Also, about 150 TDPRI members have been testing the new software for the past couple of weeks and many of them will chime in to help as well.

Two-Things:

1. We know that a great many of you hate change. All we ask is you hold on, take a little time and get to know the new system before posting your "I'm outta here!!!" post. We're never going back to the old software - so it's either learn to adapt to this or find another gutiar forum to love. Honest, you can do this. It's not that big a change.

2. Don't be afraid to try things - "most" things work pretty similarly to the way things worked in the past. We're seriously confident you won't find any deal breakers.

3. (I lied about the 2-things) Take it easy, relax, go slow and see the #1 item above.

Thanks for your patience!
Paul Green
PS. Don't forget to breathe

SecretSquirrel

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I'm just grateful to have a good place to read about guitars, talk about guitars, and look at pictures of guitars. :eek: what, new smilies?? I hate change! But seriously, thanks! :)

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
FYI. When I click on "Today on the TDPRI", it puts me into the "Search" menu.

TDPRI

Retired
Profile Pics are on Facebook. On a Forum they are Avatars. Yes, they are larger and if you re-upload your Avatar you will probably be happier with the image.

PS. No worries, I just corrected you on the wording to help folks know what to look for - lots of people think they are Profile Pics and they get confused and lost when trying to use that terminology.

kelnet

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Is there a quick way to see if there have been posts in the threads I most recently posted in?

Lupo

Tele-Holic
To me, IE is not showing the toolbar on top of the box to insert post. Not in the quick reply, nor in the full version.
Firefox works fine.

amplifiedhermit

Tele-Meister
Profile Pics are on Facebook. On a Forum they are Avatars. Yes, they are larger and if you re-upload your Avatar you will probably be happier with the image.

PS. No worries, I just corrected you on the wording to help folks know what to look for - lots of people think they are Profile Pics and they get confused and lost when trying to use that terminology.

Cool. I just made a bigger version of my avatar and uploaded it. Looks a lot better now.

TDPRI

Retired
Yes, I'll get to that. Just haven't had time.

PS. You mean... "Is there any way to stop the eBay feeds?" -- from showing in the New Posts, etc. Right?

TDPRI

Retired
Worryingly, nothing appears to have changed on my IPad .........

Ahhh, are you using the Mobile App? If so, you're seeing the Moble App, not the new forum software. Drop out of the App and use the Safari browser on the site.

w3stie

Poster Extraordinaire
Hey we don't all hate change ... I wanted the colour changed ;)

Working ok so far on the iPhone.

TheletterJ

Tele-Afflicted
So regarding the mobile app:

I'm having trouble authenticating my login credentials. Will there be a new mobile app to support this site or would you suggest using a browser instead?

The browser based site is solid - nice work!