New scam alert

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by telemnemonics, Feb 13, 2020.

1. ZenGuitarist

ZenGuitarist Tele-Holic

What a coincidence. I got an email that I had inherited 5000 cases of bumched shrits from a Nigerian Prince. We can team up and become the official clothiers of TDPRI.

2. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

Deal !!! Please send money order or check to my personal email ...

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Since I quit hanging with my bundled phone, internet, and TV program provider, I haven't had any scam calls, feels a little weird.

4. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

New phone number or they just gave up?

Toto'sDad likes this.
  5. TeleTucson

TeleTucson Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, I was ticked that I couldn't pull off the $348 charge for bumched shrits at Target. And now I can't even do the Amazon thing ... but I hear there's a guy in Bakersfield looking for some excitement.

telemnemonics likes this.
  6. kuvash

kuvash Friend of Leo's

I keep getting an automated voice claiming to be Apple telling me my Apple device may be compromised so please call this number.
    Since I have no Apple devices do I need to go out and purchase some?

7. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Body builder

8. drmmrr55

drmmrr55 Tele-Holic

Whenever I get unsolicited mail/text about an order I didn't make, I just shine it on. When they ask you to call *** *** **** for further info, you know they are phishing for personal info. Just like the govt. (Social Security, or Internal revenue), Amazon would NEVER ask you to call a number to stop a suspected fraudulent order.

9. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

No wonder I'm still stranded at insert name of nearest airport with a $insert dollar amount likely to seem very tempting but not entirely unrealistic based on target area's economic demographics; add 15% in Florida for target demographic's inevitable round of failure-to-appear bail costs check to deposit in your account if you first deposit $see demographic -based calculus above in mine!

You people don't trust anyone, do you!

Love,
    Your Favorite Nigerian Prince

Clive Hugh likes this.
  10. grooveiron

grooveiron Tele-Holic

Well duh! How will you get uncompromised otherwise?

kuvash likes this.
  11. rolandson

rolandson Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I've been getting emails from Amazon telling me that my account has been suspended. Except the scammers failed to do their homework.

Instead of following Bezos' addressing format, the bozos got it backwards.

kinda like when I get a call from microsoft about a Windows security issue...

I drive a Mac.

I do like to keep the poor bad english speaking fool on the phone as long as I can though. Pretending to be old and unsure of how to get my computer to work.

I had one schmuck going for almost 15 minutes...had him walk me through everything, step by mind numbing step (do I need to press shift first?) ... only to get almost to the prize ...

where I ask in my best old-person-esk voice:

"did you want me to turn the computer on first? You didn't tell me to...?" Then I start to cry.

Based upon the accent, I wonder if Vladimir merely broke a finger or two, of if this poor pest died of lead poisoning.

12. Keefsdad

Keefsdad Tele-Holic

I had a similar one telling me someone had purchased a phone on my Visa. I hung up on them before they asked for anything.

13. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

After having a home phone for more than fifty years, we finally decided to just through in the towel, and quit having one. The cell phones when you do get a scammer, are very easy to block their number, a couple of clicks, and they are gone forever. We're people who stayed with a company forever it seems like, but lately we've changed several long time associations because they seemed to be taking advantage of our loyalty.

14. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

The scammers have their work cut out when trying to scam me, I don't even reply to my real service providers etc.

15. arlum

arlum Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

I understand there's a special place in hell where the denizens gather to enjoy a weekly performance at the Abyss Theater called "How many hot coals can you shove up a scammers a**. I understand tickets are quite pricey.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  16. hotpot

hotpot Tele-Afflicted

Must be a worldwide thing! We've been getting scam phone calls every morning for the past few weeks pretending to be from Amazon Prime. It is saying your subscription will be ‘renewed’ for £39.99 yada yada and to ring this number, Yeah right, I don't have an account with Amazon or have ever shopped with them.

telemnemonics and Toto'sDad like this.
  17. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I hate to say it but some folks are that lonely and isolated, and they're happy to talk to anyone. Even these odious thieves.

18. kuvash

kuvash Friend of Leo's

Well just to amuse myself we have this loud shrieking hand held battery powered thing to repel dogs or any other critters.Until I tire of it I sometimes call the number always answered by a guy that sounds like the convenience store owner on the Simpsons and then....:lol::lol::lol::lol: and sometimes after they hang up I call them back again.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

19. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

That’s all too true, and even when my Mother enjoyed the company after my wife and I moved in to take care of her, she would talk to lottery scammers almost daily and believe their promises of a big lottery check if she sent them usually $800 for processing.

As I, the bank, the Western Union rep and our lawyer told her that no legit lottery winning cost money, she often felt closer to the scammer promising her big money and telling pleasant lies.

Turns out this is very common and the bank and Western Union had these discussions with elders regularly.
    Some of the elders were truly isolated, but I think there’s more than loneliness in play here; some of it is that trusted individuals say things elders wish were not true, and scammers say whatever most effectively manipulates and pacifies.

20. bcorig

bcorig Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Yup.
    “For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wise guys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead.”

Switchy likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.