New Saw Day: Worx BladeRunner

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
I was given a $100 gift card at work and decided to get his handy little table saw. While the brand name on this one is Worx it was/is also sold under the Rockwell brand. It's essentially an upside-down jigsaw on a plastic table. It uses standard jigsaw blades that are easy to swap. It can act as a jigsaw, band saw, scroll saw or miter saw. I've done a few test cuts with it so far and it works quite well. I'll be using it for building cigar box guitars and probably various household projects my wife is planning.

worxbladerunner.JPG

rickthescot

Tele-Afflicted
I've been considering one of those for small projects. Keep us updated on how it works out if you will.

LeftFinger

Friend of Leo's
I had a cheap router table yrs ago that had an extra plate to mount a jigsaw.
It was quite handy and worked very well.
Now that I think about it , that was the tables best feature;)

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
I've been considering one of those for small projects. Keep us updated on how it works out if you will.

I jumped into a new project with it. I had carved the 3 stringer oak neck about 4 years ago but never found a box I liked to match it up with. So, I decided to cut out front and back body shapes with the new saw. I used 1/4" birch plywood for the body and I have some 1" poplar I'm going to use for the sides. After that, then the fun of fretting and finishing begins.

20220718_192352.jpg