1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New Saddles Buzz/Rattle/Distort

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by atk1, Mar 7, 2018.

1. atk1

atk1 Tele-Meister

I put new Vibramate Saddles (3) on my Tele the other day because I have a B5 and I wanted a way to adjust the saddles from the front for intonation.. I put them on and new strings and now it rattles/buzzes/distorts somewhere in the bridge area (I haven't been able to identify exactly what is rattling/buzzing/distorting) when I play up the neck (mainly frets 9 and up)..open strings, cowboy chords, barre chords up to about E are ok.

I already had the neck shimmed to accommodate the B5 and I didn't change the bridge plate or anything like that. Only thing new are the saddles. String gauges stayed the same too.

After research, people have said that it's probably the little saddle height screws not touching properly.. But I don't necessarily see that. They look like they are grounding to the bridge plate from what I can see.

Is this still generally thought to be the problem? Anyone else have this with Vibramate saddles in particular? Anybody experience the same thing and found a fix (without glue- some people said to glue the saddle screws)?

P.S. For the record, I don't want a Silver Sky

2. atk1

atk1 Tele-Meister

Anyone?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.