New Quilter SuperBlock Mini Heads, $249

Hoodster

Friend of Leo's
The SuperBlock US packs three vintage amplifiers into the most extensible system you can fit on your pedalboard. Featuring 57 Tweed, 61 Blonde, and 65 Blackface voicings, the SuperBlock US has all of your classic California amp needs covered. For the first time, we are excited to offer all of tonal secrets in a pedal format. Fitting into a slot about the size of a double width pedal, the SuperBlock fits the power of a 25 watt tube amp right on your pedalboard when powered by our PS-24. For quieter applications you can also power it with a conventional 9v power supply for 1 watt of power. Features include two Cab Sims and an FRFR mode on the XLR Out and headphone out, three classic voices, Limiter, Reverb, and an effects loop.

https://www.quilterlabs.com/index.php/product/superblock-us

Hoodster

Friend of Leo's
And

The SuperBlock UK packs three classic amplifiers into the most extensible system you can fit on your pedalboard. Featuring JMP, AC Normal, and AC Top Boost voicings, the SuperBlock UK has all of your classic UK amp needs covered. For the first time, we are excited to offer all of tonal secrets in a pedal format along with our first AC voicings.

https://www.quilterlabs.com/index.php/product/superblock-uk

hnryclay

Tele-Holic
Might buy one of these for the vacation rig, i was.leaning towards a Boss ME-80, but this would fit on my pedal board and be around the same size.

drumtime

Tele-Afflicted
Doesn't seem to be available yet. Looks cool, though.

I'll wait to hear how it works in a band setting - how it compares to a 101R, for instance. Seems to be less power. The regular old Quilter heads, like the 101, are plenty small already.

I've heard that the 101 series is plenty loud for gigging, but never actually witnessed this in person. I think I'm still leaning toward one of the 200 watt Quilters, just to be sure.

tfarny

Poster Extraordinaire
That kid in the video above sounds fantastic playing his tele through it. I played the combo version of this amp, the Quilter Aviator Cub, last month and thought it was very nice. I liked it a bit better than the Tonemaster DR, especially for the price and size.

I still don't see why you put an amp head on your pedalboard though, as live, it would seem to create more issues than it solves: 1) separate PS to worry about and plug in on a stage 2) running a high voltage speaker cable from pedalboard to amp. Seems like I would still want this thing on top of my amp with a short speaker cable and a convenient back-of-stage outlet.

USian Pie

Tele-Holic
I look at this as an alternative to the Strymon Iridium. I would be interested in it mostly for direct.

The 25 watt amp is a nice bonus and something that differentiates it from the Iridium. It would come in handy for solo performance or a personal monitor on a mostly PA-powered stage.

Seems like a fantastic option for a lightweight travel rig. I love the idea of getting a consistent good sound anywhere, even in a hotel room with headphones.

Shango66

Friend of Leo's
^^^ IR loading capability...? quilter have not yet ventured into this digital realm ( apart from digital reverb). I’m not sure where this product is placed tbh. A joyo or tech 21 character pedal will get you in the ballpark of any of these amps. 25w solid state power is what...? Blues Jnr volume. I guess it’s a cheaper iridium with fx loop. Curious tho.

Hoodster

Friend of Leo's
Seems like I would still want this thing on top of my amp with a short speaker cable and a convenient back-of-stage outlet.

if you meant on top of your speaker cabinet, I totally agree. And I don’t see any reason why it couldn’t be used that way.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
^^^ IR loading capability...? quilter have not yet ventured into this digital realm ( apart from digital reverb). I’m not sure where this product is placed tbh. A joyo or tech 21 character pedal will get you in the ballpark of any of these amps. 25w solid state power is what...? Blues Jnr volume. I guess it’s a cheaper iridium with fx loop. Curious tho.

Someone from Quilter posts on the jazz guitar forum. He's wrote that internally it is more than 25 watts, and implied the volume is comparable to a Deluxe Reverb.

11 Gauge

Doctor of Teleocity
That kid in the video above sounds fantastic playing his tele through it. I played the combo version of this amp, the Quilter Aviator Cub, last month and thought it was very nice. I liked it a bit better than the Tonemaster DR, especially for the price and size.

I still don't see why you put an amp head on your pedalboard though, as live, it would seem to create more issues than it solves: 1) separate PS to worry about and plug in on a stage 2) running a high voltage speaker cable from pedalboard to amp. Seems like I would still want this thing on top of my amp with a short speaker cable and a convenient back-of-stage outlet.

Do you mean the speaker cable from the Quilter to the speaker cab? If so, it's not high voltage, but the typical instrument cable shouldn't be used. IMO, the bigger issue is getting the proper cable in a giggable length.