1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New power supply, new pedal noise issue?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Dobbin, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Dobbin

Dobbin TDPRI Member

I have a Keeley Phase 24 that has displayed a new noise issue after rewiring my board with a new power supply. I switched from a MXR Iso Brick to a Cioks DC5 and I also rearranged my pedal order, moving the phaser from pre-dirt to post-dirt. Those are the sum of the changes.

What I have now is when switching the toggle on the Phase 24 from 2-stage to 4-stage I get a loud pop through the speaker that was not there before.

I don't think this is an issue with the power supply itself as the Cioks unit is well regarded. But is it possible that my wiring routing / pedal placement is causing this? I run my signal cables above the board and my power cables below. One thing to note is that the DC connector now sits right up against the neighboring pedal.

Any troubleshooting ideas would be appreciated.

Sean Spears likes this.
  2. Sean Spears

Sean Spears TDPRI Member Vendor Member

Hi, I apologize for not seeing this sooner I have been out on vacation since the 15th. Send me a message to [email protected] and we will go over some troubleshooting steps!

Thanks,

Sean

4pickupguy and northernguitar like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.