telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I may be tech challenged but all the options up in the tool bar seem to take me to lists of new posts that exclude threads I recently visited. If I stay away a while they come back though, like they missed me? Hahahahaha cough.
Sometimes there's a window at the bottom with a few threads I've seen but why is it so hard to simply see ALL new posts when selecting "new posts" from the toolbar?
There also seems to be an option down a ways in the "forums" list for new or recent or today's or whatever it's called. Requires navigating more pages when the toolbar should include such a basic option.

But I don't even understand why a list of new posts excludes threads I just posted in?
I don't want to follow 200 threads.
I don't want to have to navigate more than one page to find what I was just reading and left to look at other stuff.
I'm not really interested in keeping 20 TDPRI tabs open either in order to keep up on discussions.

Is there a simple place to click in the toolbar that takes me to ALL new posts rather than only new posts in threads I didn't visit yet or recently?
Confusing for me, and with so many options in the two-three tier toolbar I find it more of an impediment than an asset to have "new posts" selectively remove numerous new posts from view.

Marc Morfei

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
The same problem happened to me and I think I figured it out. There is a "filters" tab that allows you to choose which posts are displayed. Try that if you haven't already.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
After posting this thread I went to new posts and it was not there.
On my laptop there is a side window with a short list of posts also called new posts that my new post shows in, but on my phone and ipad there is no side window so new posts don't show in the new posts category unless I've never seen them or maybe unless I stayed away from them for long enough for them to be allowed back in as "new".

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
The same problem happened to me and I think I figured it out. There is a "filters" tab that allows you to choose which posts are displayed. Try that if you haven't already.
Is that to the left of the top left pick image that some of us have?
On my computer there is no space there and no filters list comes up.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I also simply don't understand why the default settings would display more than one new posts and what's new option but have them all default to exclude all the stuff that actually interests us individually?

Figuring most regulars will keep going back to a discussion but not sit there and stop browsing.
Why make it harder to find discussions that interest us and prioritize discussions we chose to ignore?

Last edited:

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
OK that sounds helpful but I opened that little window and there is no “all new posts” option.
I clicked OFF the default “unread threads” selection and reloaded but it went right back to the default that excludes threads I’ve read

27C6C060-6100-4771-A5BB-A283986212B4.jpeg

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
OK I tried again clicking the default “unread threads” OFF, but then clicked ‘save as default” ON and now I can see threads I posted in.
But it sure seems odd to have to fiddle around in order to not have content hidden from me?
Like if I logged out, ent yo a different computer etc.
Might make sense for the default of new posts to not exclude our specific interests?

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
This drove me bonkers too until I discovered that everything shows up under What’s New. It’s no worse than learning the menu choices in a new car.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
This drove me bonkers too until I discovered that everything shows up under What’s New. It’s no worse than learning the menu choices in a new car.
I had tried the "what's new" before and it still defaulted to exclude my own posts.
But now I did fix it with the "filters" button, which seems to have been moved around during the setup period with the new server.
The filters button is not visible on the "what's new" page, funny.

jays0n

Tele-Afflicted
Thanks all. This thread helped me, and I did not know I needed help (well I know I need “help” but …). I never looked at the filter link and did not know I was missing some threads under the latest threads link.

All set now, thanks.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I can deal with changes, understand I need to adjust...
But boy ( on my Android) the print is so small!
I made ' Settings' menu changes on my phone- but they don't seem to work here!
- I'm probably missing something, but why not just make the type larger here, by web designer?