New pickups?

BobTheOwl

Tele-Meister
I’ve got nocasters in my roadworn 50s tele and in my 52 reissue, I’ve currently got Texas specials in my MIM standard and a tonerider bridge in my esquire. I’ve never been a massive fan of the Texas special neck pickup but love the bridge so I’m considering putting the Texas special bridge on my esquire, I know this sounds good as it’s been on previously and getting a set of twisted teles for my MIM standard. It currently has 4 way and S1 as per Baja.

I’ve never played twisted teles, but I’ve heard good things about them. Looking at the specs the twisted tele bridge isn’t a million miles away from the Texas special?

Whats everyone’s thoughts on this? Are the twisted teles an upgrade from the Texas specials or do I leave as is?

Les H

Tele-Holic
Texas Specials are my hands down favorite tele bridge pickup Fender offers and the only replacement tele pickups I would buy from Fender. Excluding other manufacturers of course

However, I have no experience with Twisted Teles but they have to do something different than the Texas Specials or else they wouldn't make them. Whether that something different is something you will like or not is the question.

Guithartic

Tele-Holic
Both the Twisted Tele and Custom Shop Texas Specials are great. Just make sure if you’re buying TS second hand to get the Custom Shop Texas Specials. I had heard there’s also just Texas Specials that aren’t as desirable.

Antigua Tele

Friend of Leo's
The twisted tele neck pick up is brighter than the Texas specials but the bridge is about the same. I prefer the twisted tele myself

ruger9

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
I prefer the Texas Special neck to the Twisted. it's the PERFECT tele neck pickup for me. I did not like the bridge TS at all- too harsh/too many high-mids (I have a Rio Grande Muy Grande, for 27 years now- along with the TS neck).

The best Fender tele bridge pickup I've ever played (I have not played ALL of them), is easily the one they put in the Brad Paisley guitars- that pickup SMOKES.