New pickguard help

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by scotheath, Apr 22, 2017.

1. scotheath

scotheath TDPRI Member

I've got a SD 59n that I want to put into the neck position on my CV tele. there are lots on ebay, amazon all parts and such but to buy 1 that has a humbucker neck cut out are expensive or hard to find that have the vintage 5 hole pattern. will a pickguard with 8 hole modern pattern fit the CV tele?
    I've also found there are lots of guards w/ 5 hole pattern cut for P 90 pickup in the neck position relatively cheap, should I mod 1 of those for my Humbucker?

2. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Try Stratosphere, I some Strat guards for $10, maybe they have Tele H styles too. P90 holes will be narrower and longer than humbucker. I'd expect 8-hole guards to fit but you'll have screw holes in new places, some people get upset by that even though it's all covered.

3. scotheath

scotheath TDPRI Member

You were right Stratosphere does have them and for only $9.99, proceed to check out... only $46.00 to ship, it even says ship cost calculated by weight. that's some pretty heavy 1 ply plastic right there

Bendy Bendzalot, Grux and Ira7 like this.
  4. Bendy Bendzalot

Bendy Bendzalot TDPRI Member

Wierd

5. seekir

seekir Tele-Holic

Not sure what the strategy is with that. Nothing puts me off of a vendor more than the shipping price sucker punch.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.