new pedals from boss

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by leonard d rock, Jan 15, 2014.

1. karpis

karpis Tele-Holic

Preview

First look

Sounds nice - looking for more :cool:

2. wstarkel

wstarkel Tele-Meister

Very cool, karpis, thanks for posting the vid. Been waiting to hear these two.

Price is hefty for Boss ($150), but these sound like some pretty nice pedals. The most important thing I noticed is that as the gain is cranked, very little else happens to the pedal. You can always count on compression, volume, and to some extent tone being altered as the gain is increased on a pedal, but these don't seem to do that as much as analog dirt boxes. Basically, I found the high gain settings to still remain fairly clear sounding.

I'll look forward to additional reviews and, of course, to trying one out!

3. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Friend of Leo's

The settings on those @#$% shiny knobs are impossible to see on stage. Boo, Hiss.

4. teleprompted

teleprompted Tele-Meister

I think they sound fantastic, especially the od1x. The guy playing is also really really good but that notwithstanding I like them. I agree 150 might be a bit high. The great thing about boss (for me) has been that most pedals, especially drive pedals, are in the $100 range and the quality is consistently good. You typically get a good quality pedal for a decent price. These are a bit more but maybe theyre worth it. Guess I wont know tilll I play one for a bit

5. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

MSLP for Boss products is a lot higher than the street price. I'm assuming $150 is the MSLP. If so - this will sell for $90 or so in most larger chains.

6. valvestate

valvestate Tele-Afflicted

Wow. Just awesome sound coming our from that Digital Dirt box... seriously. If they didn't advertised that this is just a modelling pedal, most of us will not know in a blind test!!

Major GAS on this now!!! I love that raw sound from the DS1-x!

7. southpaw pete

southpaw pete Tele-Meister

Not bad.
    Although, he started with the drive on OD1x at 25% - I really don't like it when they fail to show the entire range of the drive. Yes, I do realize that it is an overdrive pedal, but my favorite setting for my OD-3 is with the gain completely off. It adds something nice to my cleanish sounds and adds a really nice touch of grit when I dig in. I'd like to know how clean it can get.

8. aviavi

aviavi TDPRI Member

I wonder what the latency is with these "Multi Dimensional Processing" or COSM pedals. And whether the clean signal also runs through the DSP.
    Usually digital pedals introduce about 1.3 ms of latency, and with some digital delay pedals (though not Boss), the bypassed signal is also subject to this latency. 1.3 ms is not bad...until you string a bunch of them together. Then it would start to be pretty feelable.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.