1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New Pawn shop guitars (2013)

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Guitarmang6730, Jan 10, 2013.

1. richedie

richedie Tele-Meister

So not as good? I was let down as I was with the Jim Root Tele. :(

2. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

That's an awful lot of money for an MIM Fender.

And the fact that some of them are nothing more than Squier re-brands is offensive. I'm another guy who bought his '51 for $99 bucks. The fact that they think if they put a Fender decal on it it gives them license to charge 10x what I paid for a perfectly good guitar is amazing. And not in a good way.

- D

3. Trow

Trow Tele-Holic

I'm kinda digging the 70's Strat and the Super-sonic!

4. savofenno

savofenno Tele-Afflicted

Second time became a hit

I was too slow in January, they sold out in a couple of days, but in Monday night i was speedy enough: one in Butterscotch is coming, guess in tomorrow afternoon to my door. NGD post will follow at TDPRI and FSGF soon.:cool:

5. telepath

telepath Friend of Leo's

So then .. an American Std Tele is 'the same' as a Squier Standard Tele - because it is the same shape? But much dearer, and so Fender has a cheek?

Now I know you don't believe that!

Price and country of manufacture aside, Some folks in this thread seem very conservative regards Fender products.

The whole serues looks like good , fun guitars to me.
    Well .. mostly... :rolleyes:

That Jaguarillo would be mine in a shot if it plays as good as it looks and if I was on the prowl for something new. And different :cool:

6. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I've owned two Pawn Shop series ...

... the MIJ '71 in green and now a MIM Jaguarillo in blue.

Both have been phenomenal players; fit & finish are excellent, and both sound fantastic.

I sold the '71, because the humbuckers were a little too crunchy for what I was doing at the time. The Jaguarillo, however, is spanky, twangy and crunchy, whatever you might need.

Copped 'em both on sale for around 1/2 price (one used, one blem). I HIGHLY recommend any from this series if you like to step outside what everyone else plays every now and then ...

Peace.

7. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

The 2013 70's Strat Deluxe is a near copy of the Fender Japan ST75 thats been around a while but out of production now .The Japanese original has a trem bridge and a contoured heel which the Mexican copy lacks ,It also came with a Fender Dragster humbucker and a Texas Special Telecaster neck pickup ,while the MIM version has an atomic humbucker bridge and a standard Tele neck pickup.
    I have always fancied one of these but didnt like the neck radius of 7.5 so I bought a loaded body with a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge .Absoluely love it I am big fan of Japanese Fenders anyway .Oddly I getting fonder of mother of toilet seat ,a worrying sign of aging and poor taste .
    [​IMG]

8. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

No, I wouldn't say that.

But a MIM Tele costs considerably less than an American Standard. That Fender '51 is priced way higher than other MIM Fenders.

I could see listing it for $500 - $600, but over a grand? Asking too much, IMO.

- D

9. solly

solly TDPRI Member

I havent played any of the MIM versions but the MIJ 51 one that I have is top notch.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.