New painting: whiskey jug and wine bottle

Papanate

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
I knew as soon as I started this (in fact, possibly before) that I had bitten off more than I could chew here. I almost ditched it a couple of times, but I thought I'd keep going, as a learning experience if nothing else. But I think something interesting has come out of it. Hope you like it.

View attachment 1005748
Nicely done - big frame though - I would of narrowed it -but several aspects of the painting are outstanding - the folds in the fabric are really well done - the bottles are almost photo like - but the oranges in the bowl (whatever they are) look like an afterthought that you didn't care about.

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
Very good again...but for me...and only my opinion...I've cropped to what I think are better compositions ? There's a lot of cloth which takes away the interest from the main subject...the bottles and the oranges in the original painting.
Sorry, I have to disagree. I zoomed out so much because it was the cloth that interested me. When you zoom in it's just a picture of some objects, with no context, no world around it, no room for those objects to live and breathe. But that's just my take on it.

I do sometimes get closer in on the subjects, but not this time.

pixeljammer

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I knew as soon as I started this (in fact, possibly before) that I had bitten off more than I could chew here. I almost ditched it a couple of times, but I thought I'd keep going, as a learning experience if nothing else. But I think something interesting has come out of it. Hope you like it.

View attachment 1005748
I think it looks great! You might consider adding a bit more contact shadow to the items. It would help the “sit” into the cloth.