New painting: whiskey jug and wine bottle

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
I knew as soon as I started this (in fact, possibly before) that I had bitten off more than I could chew here. I almost ditched it a couple of times, but I thought I'd keep going, as a learning experience if nothing else. But I think something interesting has come out of it. Hope you like it.

20220717_094953(0).jpg

tintag27

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Why you wanted to 'ditch' this I do not know - it doesn't look at all laboured or hesitant...
on the contrary, it has a flowing look, confident and accomplished. My only criticism would be that it could framed a little tighter...
The brushwork is wonderful, especially on the shiny surfaces - the bottle and jug are stunningly well rendered!
Very impressive technique, and a terrific piece of work!

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
Why you wanted to 'ditch' this I do not know - it doesn't look at all laboured or hesitant...
on the contrary, it has a flowing look, confident and accomplished. My only criticism would be that it could framed a little tighter...
The brushwork is wonderful, especially on the shiny surfaces - the bottle and jug are stunningly well rendered!
Very impressive technique, and a terrific piece of work!
Thanks so much. Ha, I almost ditched it because I found it mind bogglingly hard.

The framing is always tricky. Sometimes I get it wrong

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
Three posts a month ago, then two in the last few minutes. How does that happen , have you been hiding it? Nice work as always.

tele12

Poster Extraordinaire
I knew as soon as I started this (in fact, possibly before) that I had bitten off more than I could chew here. I almost ditched it a couple of times, but I thought I'd keep going, as a learning experience if nothing else. But I think something interesting has come out of it. Hope you like it.

View attachment 1005748
That is great! The wine bottle and the whiskey jug look fantastic.
I can imagine how such a busy background would add a ton of work.

scrapyardblue

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter

View attachment 1005748
If you can paint that tablecloth that well, ypu can paint anything. I'm impressed by the sheer complexity of it.

tweeet

Tele-Afflicted
Very good again...but for me...and only my opinion...I've cropped to what I think are better compositions ? There's a lot of cloth which takes away the interest from the main subject...the bottles and the oranges in the original painting.

Attachments

• 20220717_094953(0) 111 2.jpg
    20220717_094953(0) 111 2.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220717_094953(0) 111.jpg
    20220717_094953(0) 111.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 7