New painting: pirate with crayons

tery

Doctor of Teleocity
Best yet !

upload_2021-12-17_8-55-55.png

feldkeen

Tele-Meister
The stripped pants makes me laugh only because back in the Brady bunch days I had a melt down when I didn’t have stripped pant for the first day of 2nd grade. Somehow I thought everyone would be wearing them.

StevesBoogie

Tele-Afflicted
LOL, great story and great painting Hemingway! Those ages were really so memorable.

Here is my favorite memory:

My daughter was in her tea and cookie phase, but because we are a coffee-drinking house, it was fake coffee.

She pours me a cup of freshly brewed fake coffee, I take a fake sip, and I exclaim "Wow! Where ever did you find this terrific coffee??"

She looks at me with a puzzled look and points over to her little kitchen set "Gee, right over there!"

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
This is based on a photo of my son when he was 4 (he is now 15) and he used to dress like a pirate every day. His cry on one memorable morning was: "Today is gonna be so piratey!!"

Children seem to have a clarity of insight that we old people lose, until some of us regain it in later life.

I'm not saying I'm going to dress like a pirate. But I might simplify my outlook. And those stripy prison trousers are pretty cool. And of course the hat.

You know what? Come on people, say it with me: TODAY IS GONNA BE SO PIRATEY!!!

View attachment 929633
Great painting!......
Just hope he doesn't want to open a pirate-themed bar when he grows up. ;)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
This is based on a photo of my son when he was 4 (he is now 15) and he used to dress like a pirate every day. His cry on one memorable morning was: "Today is gonna be so piratey!!"

Children seem to have a clarity of insight that we old people lose, until some of us regain it in later life.

I'm not saying I'm going to dress like a pirate. But I might simplify my outlook. And those stripy prison trousers are pretty cool. And of course the hat.

You know what? Come on people, say it with me: TODAY IS GONNA BE SO PIRATEY!!!

View attachment 929633

My wife is the artist in this outfit, I'm just a guy who knows what he likes when he sees it. I like this painting quite a lot.

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
You're very talented and that is an extremely beautiful painting.

Indeed, today is going to be very piratey! In fact the Amazon truck just left packages on my neighbor's porch!

OldPup

Tele-Holic
I always enjoy your paintings. This is the first time I recall also noticing and enjoying the meditation on a theme of the painting. Very well done on both fronts.

As a parent of young kids, I have been reconnected to elements of my childhood and its naïve optimism. It's wonderful. Today has been very piratey!!