New painting: Oranges and lemons

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
Something bright for the middle of a grey London winter, cor blimey and no mistake, guvnor.

20220107_094206.jpg

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
What do you do with so many lemons. If I make a lemon drizzle cake I will buy two, but five!

Nice linen tea towel, by the way. Don't see the red ones all that often.

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
What do you do with so many lemons. If I make a lemon drizzle cake I will buy two, but five!

Nice linen tea towel, by the way. Don't see the red ones all that often.

The truth is I bought them just for the painting. Although on xmas eve we did have some smoked salmon hors d'oeuvres, coz we is posh. So that used up a couple.

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
I immediately thought of this. Your work is great, I was never any good at painting and have a lot of respect for anyone who can paint.

Thanks. Yes, I was going for a colour clash thing, with colours that supposedly shouldn't work together, like orange and red. Not sure how successful it was.

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
@hemingway I try to consider myself somewhat of an artist although painting eludes me. I kind of feel like the angry guitar player when I try to paint. I can see myself rapping my hands for putting some paint where it is not supposed to be.

BTW, you can google angry guitar player and see what I am talking about NFWS as he drops some nice Scottish swearing.

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
1641565334732.png

St Clements, in the Strand, I believe? Designed by Sir Christopher Wren, in 1687 and is the Home Church, of the Royal Air Force.

'Oranges and Lemons, say the Bells of St Clements'.....

Another good painting, H. Thank you. :)

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
The truth is I bought them just for the painting. Although on xmas eve we did have some smoked salmon hors d'oeuvres, coz we is posh. So that used up a couple.

I don't believe that you are proper posh, you're just pretending to be pretentious. I bet you just had one Jif lemon sitting in the back of a cupboard and painted several images of it on the one sheet.