New painting: boy leaping onto a tree stump

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
My son playing in a forest a few years ago. I've always loved the composition in the photo, and I finally mustered the courage to tackle the various elements in the picture: landscape, portrait, figure study, movement study. Tricky, but I think it came out ok.

Hope you like it.
20220113_092335.jpg

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
Now feeling queasy, reminded me an injury sustained at about that age, riding a scooter down a slalom course, whilst blindfolded. If you could please avoid painting treestumps, and whilst you are at it barbed wire fences, thanks.

blue metalflake

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
My son playing in a forest a few years ago. I've always loved the composition in the photo, and I finally mustered the courage to tackle the various elements in the picture: landscape, portrait, figure study, movement study. Tricky, but I think it came out ok.

Hope you like it.
View attachment 939655
That’s a really detailed piece of work. I’d be pleased to take a photo like that, let alone be able to paint it.
To my eye, your work gets better and better.

Duck Herder

Tele-Meister

Hope you like it.
View attachment 939655
Looks really nice!
How do you get the child to float while you paint the picture? ;)

Toadtele

Friend of Leo's
That is great! I love your work.
Coincidentally, I did that very thing when I was young in track shoes. No serious damage but I didn’t walk right for a few days.

Duck Herder

Tele-Meister

Hope you like it.
View attachment 939655
Looks really nice!
How do you get the child to float while you paint the picture? ;)

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter

Hope you like it.
View attachment 939655
I know nothing about painting, but I see depth, dimension and detail in your work.
In this painting, I see my buddies or me, in the woods/creek by our homes, back in 1968!