New painting: Boy in star pyjamas

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
Based on a Christmas day photo from some years back. Hope you like it.

20220701_090207.jpg

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
As I’m not a painter I’ve got a question

Do you pencil any of that or just go straight to brushes?
Pencil, big time.

Except that I can't draw. So I have to plot out the drawing as a draughtsman might do, in a kind of join the dots way. Luckily I used to be a draughtsman, back in the middle ages when we used pens and not computers.

Here's a
20220624_184925.jpg
progress shot of the painting, where you can see my "drawing".

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Pencil, big time.

Except that I can't draw. So I have to plot out the drawing as a draughtsman might do, in a kind of join the dots way. Luckily I used to be a draughtsman, back in the middle ages when we used pens and not computers.

Here's a View attachment 999714 progress shot of the painting, where you can see my "drawing".
How long does it take you to complete a painting? I guess an average since I’m sure they are all different

Do you sit down and do it in one go or do you work on it when you have time to do so?

curious about the processes

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
How long does it take you to complete a painting? I guess an average since I’m sure they are all different

Do you sit down and do it in one go or do you work on it when you have time to do so?

curious about the processes

They average out at about 10 hours each over about a week. A painting session is usually about 90 minutes after which I'm exhausted and can't focus any more.

I paint very intensively in that time. And because of the way I work I couldn't possibly do it all day.

I also work pretty quickly, not worrying too much about neat finishing or fine details. I want the pictures to have energy and movement. In that sense I'm closer to an impressionist than a photorealist.

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
hemingway, I only got on the bus a few stops ago, but I really enjoy your paintings

H.. another great job buddy, I am a fan.
Thank you both.

I actually sold my latest still life the other day, too, which means it's off to ye olde paint shop for me . . .

This is the one I sold.
20220620_084954.jpg

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
Another good one from Hemingway!

That boy sort of reminds me of one of my grandchildren.

Now, if did see "London UK" I would have thought those are Dallas Cowboy PJs.