New painting: "And don't the trees look like crucified thieves . . ."

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
It seems to me, that the sky should be a red sunset, maybe a few whisps of marestails across the sky catching the last rays of sunshine. The stark foreground and blue sky are battling each other for attention.

Billy3

Tele-Afflicted
This is based on a photo I took near my home in last year's desperately dry summer.

I don't actually think the painting came out all that well. Sometimes they don't.

But the Warren Zevon line about the trees stuck in my head, and so I had to paint it. You have to do what Warren tells you.

View attachment 1055658
Totally awesome. The clouds. Makes me feel good. Seriously. I would like to talk a walk around..

ce24

Poster Extraordinaire
It has early piet Mondrian vibe to it where the background fights the trees for dominance in the foreground before he went completely block colors and borders.….very nice.
42C37EC5-22D9-4074-B9A3-E45D98FA8EF9.jpeg

Cesspit

Tele-Afflicted
H, what counts for me is I would now recognise your style and know it is one of yours and I think that's important. There is some atmosphere in that painting and I for one like.
Good one mate.

Cam

Friend of Leo's
Are we foreshadows or against them? Your painting is a harbinger to shake one's head and pay attention to what is going on "out there".(all art is open to interpretation even if one is wrong). Actually I see it as simply a cool painting with dead trees. Another fab painting!

Last edited: