1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New Nu Fuzz (Hallmark Fuzz Blender)

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Post-HK, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Post-HK

Post-HK Tele-Meister

Recently splurged on a fuzz pedal (thanks, US Federal Treasury!)... It’s a Hallmark Fuzz Blender - basically a “Nu Fuzz” with a clean blend knob. It was built by the original circuit inventor, Ed Sanner (of Mosrite Fuzzrite fame). The Nu Fuzz has had a few different iterations over the years, as I’ve learned, and this is the latest.

I had a Catalinbread reissue of the Fuzzrite, but I just couldn’t get it to work great with my rig - a 335 and Fender BF amps. So far the Fuzz Blender is working out really well, has a lot more body and sustain, and somehow (though still inherently bright) it just meshes better with my gear. It does the buzzy explosive fuzz sounds perfectly, and there’s quite a palette of tones between the pedal and guitar control knobs. The clean blend is phenomenal too, can make for amazing ringing chord textures.

It’s my new go-to for psychedelic-shoegaze-spaghetti-surf-raga. And Ethiojazz. And Jackson 5 covers. Digging it!

5231619B-B97B-4CFC-A946-F7F59959FEB7.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    Jimbodiddley likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.