1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New non tube amp, very cool! Quilter Interblock 45

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Ringo, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire

If you REALLY want plenty of clean power get the Pro Block 200 or more basic the Tone Block 200, but you'd probably never use either one at more than 20-50 watts IMO!
    They are all capable of being VERY VERY LOUD!

2. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

Nice buy! I had it down to that one and the DV Micro 50CMT (micro tube pre amp)and I went with the DV Mark. But I liked the reviews and sounds of that Quilter also. Congrats!

3. caotico

caotico TDPRI Member

Thanks for the review on this amp. I've been having trouble with my tube amp (a Traynor ycs50), and the music shop where I live doesn't know how to fix it. Decided to find a little something like this that I could still use pedals on in the meantime. My brother found an interblock 45 used for me for $50! I'm exited to get it next week.

4. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire

$50 is a steal for an Interblock 45, let us know what you think about it.

5. Suavocaster

Suavocaster TDPRI Member

Very interesting thread!
    I already have a Quilter OD200, which I find pretty dark in the clean mode (even with the bass all the way down), but I'm sorting it out with an EQ pedal in the loop.
    Since it is rather small and light weight (together with my Quilter BlockDock cab), I've been considering buying one more Quilter, to use in a stereo or wet/dry set up.
    I've been thinking of the Micro Pro Mach 2-8", but from what you've been saying here, the Interblock might be a very interesting alternative, particularly if it has more upper mids than the OD200.
    One question -- has anybody of you played the Interblock 45 with a 16 Ohms speaker? If so, can it still play as loud as a 15w tube amp ... like, a Princeton Reverb, or something?

6. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Friend of Leo's

Hi, do you know if it's possible to use this Quilter head straight into P.A. without using a cabinet ?

To give you an example, putting it at the and of my pedalboard after the Reverb and from the line out straight into mixer, like a D.I. box.

Will everything burn without connecting a cabinet ? :):)
    Thanks a lot.....

7. ScottTunes

ScottTunes TDPRI Member

The simple answer is, YES, you can use it sans speaker cabinet.

I've used my Quilter BB800 without cabinet many times. Though not an actual DI, it's Line Out works just fine (although keep in mind, output volume is controlled by amp's volume and tone knobs, vs DI).

I've really enjoyed the BB800 for bass! And I too am a tube-a-holic! So, I'm VERY interested in the I45!! If even similar to the BF Deluxe (as I've heard it is), I'm getting one!

8. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Friend of Leo's

Thanks a lot man, i'll think about it, right now i'm using a preamp pedal into a red box d.i., it works rather good, it depends on the p.a., this Quilter looks very good and i could use it with my cabinet too....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.