New neck pickup day - artec branded Fatbody

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Bass Knight, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Bass Knight

Bass Knight TDPRI Member

I broke the neck pickup on my CV50 last year when trying to remove the cover and I have just bought what I think must be a GFS Fatbody , except it's just an Artec OEM variant of it. Its for the wide A5 pole pieces and no cover.

What a great pickup it is as well for £20! It is definitely more strat like and even though it's branded as a hot single coil it still is very clear and warm and doesn't mud up. It balances fairly well with the stock bridge too.

Anyone else have one of these and enjoy it? I prefer it to the original stock pickup, mainly because it gives that strat sparkle which is not present in the stock tele pickup.

Debating whether to pull the trigger on the matching bridge pickup . I understand that twang will he reduced but that isn't a thing for me as I just want a fat single coil sound.

2. Ser_Bob

Ser_Bob TDPRI Member

Sounds interesting. Where did you buy it?

3. Bass Knight

Bass Knight TDPRI Member

Got it from chguitars website (uk) , they have an eBay shop too.

I've been after a decent alnico pickup upgrade that is more stratty and it definitely fits bill. Have it quite low down to match the bridge in output but they compliment nicely.

4. Speedy454

Speedy454 Tele-Holic

I had a GFS fatbody in the neck and a GFS Professional hotter wind '63 in the bridge of a Tele I had for a while. I thought it was a great rock/blues combo. No good for country or chicken pickin, but it would rock pretty well. Bridge was not overly bright or shrill. Neck was very strat like. Middle was very pretty. Wish I still had that one...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.