1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New Nachocasters

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Flyboy, Nov 26, 2019.

1. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Yes really.

2. Telekaster

Telekaster Tele-Meister

So do you own a Nacho?
    What makes 'em better?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  3. kimberly345

kimberly345 TDPRI Member

not before but now and it is awesome.

4. eallen

eallen Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Wth your indication of english not being your 1st language you may have missed that Ron was using what we Americans call a euphemism. We state something
    to express our view of it with an exagerated or representative word. Something similar would be for us to say a lady is a "doll". We don't mean she is literally a child's doll but attractive or nice.

Eric

Hari Seldon likes this.
  5. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Tele-Meister

Might be. But many people mean that or similar statements literally. I'm always for precise speech, if possible. Avoids misunderstanding.

Hari

6. Stratwrangler

Stratwrangler Tele-Meister

Firstly yes they are stunning guitars , and art is in the eye of the beholder and every one will have there own interpretation .

Second whilst nachos and his team I'm sure have very honest intentions , the problem is those guitars on the open market later in there life, I mean marking a neck up after tg like that if separated from the guitar and decaled would be worth two more full nacho guitars if sold as genuine fender 52 or similar. They do there job so well they look real deal . To much potential for future fraud . Why not get who ever did actually carve the neck and that date put on it ?.

2HBStrat, Acoustotron and PeterUK like this.
  7. Acoustotron

Acoustotron TDPRI Member Gold Supporter

Not generally a fan of relics but I agree that these are fun to look at because they are so well done.

But, I have to agree with Stratwrangler. I’d prefer to see the initials of the actual carver and date of creation. What would be wrong with that? A carver could eventually become iconic like Gomez.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Stratwrangler likes this.
  8. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Tele-Meister

Does anyone know what the stamped "D" at the neck end stands for?

9. Stratwrangler

Stratwrangler Tele-Meister

No , no one really knows what the d stamp really means but it appears on some not all original black guards, again not something I find necessary on these nachos again that and a tg initial and date is dangerous ground I personally think.
    There's copying and then there's forgery not sure where these sit .

10. eallen

eallen Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

These English similes are a continual part of our American commincation culture. For us it is just normal. It can be very confusing for others.

Eric

Hari Seldon likes this.
  11. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

He hits the mark on the aging more often than many who attempt it. Including fender.

(and for the record- I’d love to own one)

less is more though - and easier to pull off . Some of Fender’s “heavy’s” are ludicrous.

the pre war guitar company who makes 30’s Martin copies are great with light aging and ridiculously bad with their level 3.

if you get a Nacho though, just love it and play and , whatever you do, don’t ever look down the road as to value.

because if you think the real things are beginning to tank and plummet in “perceived worth” with the rise of the millennials ?

try selling a $5,500 copy guitar that was beat up the day it was brand-new...

12. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Afflicted

As one of those people lucky enough to own one of Nacho's masterpieces, I would like point out that Nacho does go way beyond the point whereby it is difficult for some folks to recognize this guitar from an early fifties Broadcaster style guitar.

Unless; and here is a point in question. On removing the Pickguard on one occasion, or the bridgeplate on another, I was somewhat surprised to see hand written comments such as "Nacho was here" clearly written on the underside of these components. I am led to believe there may be other such clues elsewhere. Damn! I wonder if that Strad guy in Cremona did this to his violins. I'm sure some of them may not have got by the eagle eyes of so many enthusiasts if he had done this.

These guitars from Valencia are amazing, that's for sure, but Mr. Banos and his delightful sense of humour make darn sure that even the dumbest of us will be able to spot what's really old, and what isn't. As we have previously been told, anyone with a screwdriver, and a few minutes to spare ......... You get the picture? There is a clear distinction between a Strad and a Strat ....or even a Tele., if we open our eyes.

Dan German and old wrench like this.
  13. old wrench

old wrench Tele-Afflicted

Every time Nacho puts out a new batch of guitars, these threads pop up :).

Obviously, there is a market for his guitars. I don't have a budget that would include one, but I'd love to own one of his guitars.

Is it art, or is it semantics?

Can a guitar be called "art" or a "work of art"?

Of course !!! :)

All I can say is that art is surely in the eye of the beholder.

If a person happens to prefer classical art, that doesn't mean there is no modern art.

g

Stratwrangler likes this.
  14. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Tele-Afflicted

Are these necks and bodies actually hand carved?

Isn't that where the potential problems could arise?
    Obviously there is, and it is folks who maybe can't afford an old Fender but they want one that looks just like it, or maybe someone who wants a guitar to play onstage that looks just like an old Fender, but they don't want to take their old Fenders on the road.

15. Erebia

Erebia TDPRI Member

As far as I know, Nacho buys his necks (and bodies) in from third party suppliers like Warmouth and Allparts. He doesn't carve any necks from a blank of wood. He is essentially an expert finisher of guitars with an incredible eye for detail. He isn't, however, a luthier by any stretch of the imagination.

16. DaveGo

DaveGo Tele-Meister

17. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Not yet...
    I've played one and I want one.

18. Erebia

Erebia TDPRI Member

Actually, I think you are right and I'm mistaken (probably conflating Nachocasters with Danocasters:eek:). There's a quote in this thread where Nacho explains the process. I'm happy to take back what I said before. Nacho and his workshop are obviously far more than expert finishers but can actually build a guitar too. I've always liked the look of the guitars – I think I like them even more now and don't have a problem with the cost (even if it's a bit more than I would personally want to spend on a Tele).

19. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Tele-Meister

20. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

So, this I did not know. And it not only alleviates any nagging concerns (trust me, they were slight), but makes me want one even more. Thanks tonyj, thanks a lot!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.