1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New MusicMan amp - anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by sir humphrey, Apr 23, 2014.

1. sir humphrey

sir humphrey Friend of Leo's

It's been offered a very good price on a new
    MusicMan combo.

Anyone tried it? Any thoughts? Does it differ much from the original?

2. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

The 1 x 12 looks very nice, I like the tallboy shape. And it weighs 26lbs! The preamp section is a mix of ss and a single valve on ch2 for gain. Looks really interesting. I'd love to hear one.

http://www.music-man.com/images/amps/112rd50.pdf

Are these just coming to market now, I can't find one on sale anywhere?

3. sir humphrey

I haven't seen them anywhere either but a friend of a friend has a few for sale somehow and my mate has said I can pick one up for £350 which seems a bit of a bargain (no idea what the RRP is).

Going to try it out in a couple of days. I know the originals had a good rep so interested to know if they are exact spec or a new interpretation.

Someone mentioned they were sort of Twin meets AC30 in sound, which sounds right up my street.

4. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Want oneeeeee

5. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

That (and the price) sounds very cool. Cabinet must be ply for the combo to weigh in that light? Could be a good deal.

6. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Get the one with the direct line in/out like the old ones, if possible. Could serve a very important dual purpose, well, only if they continue to improve on multi effects pedal (of course).

7. ScottJPatrick

ScottJPatrick Friend of Leo's

looks pretty nice, good specs and £350 seems like a bargain. If they are like the originals then expect the clean to be very clean all the way and the 2nd channel will have a fair bit of grunt but don't expect high gain. Not a straight reissue of anything I can think of, I do like the 2 separate channels for flexibility, shared eq is never great.

8. sir humphrey

I think it's the HD 130 that he's got - so a bit bigger than the one posted here.

Clean cleans is good for me - I rarely use overdrive (and there's a pedal for that!)

Will let you know how it sounds once I've tried it out.

9. ScottJPatrick

ScottJPatrick Friend of Leo's

HD130 for £350 is even more of a bargain, probably a lot heavier too because of the output transformer and especially if it's a 2x12 but will give you clean all the way, as loud as you will ever need.

10. ValDiaz

ValDiaz Tele-Holic

I would be all over that for £350. If the 50 watt 1x12 has a UK RRP price around this mark I will be all over it. Considering a HRDX retails at over £600 in the UK this looks a steal. Twin like cleans, separate channel EQs & 26lbs. Damn.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.