1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New MIM 'Player' series...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by AndrewG, Jun 13, 2018.

1. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

To byl moj pierwszy jezyk. My parents were both Poles but I was born in England, so I grew up with the language (which I still speak), the culture and, best of all, the food and drink!
    Anyway, the official release date is tomorrow (19th), and my local shop already has four Strats and four Teles hidden away until then. Guess where I will be tomorrow morning?

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  2. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Friend of Leo's

Nice to hear it, well many people moves from Poland to UK or Scandinavia. The average wage is the reason.

Well hope you gonna make NGD quick, which one will you pick? :)

Can't wait for delivery dude, my ButterScotch Blonde is in two days :D.

3. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Right on! But then "Jag" becomes "Hhhag" and it sounds like you're trying to conjure up Merle.

Seasicksailor likes this.
  4. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

I'm not sure; I already have a good Tele, so maybe I'll get a Strat? I hope they release a Strat in Sonic Red with pau ferro; I like the colour on the Tele I saw in some pictures earlier-and there's a colour called, I think 'Butter Cream'(don't quote me) which sounds like it might be something like yellowed, aged Olympic white. I like the sound of that...
    Please give us a review when your new guitar arrives.

5. RoCkstAr256

Theres Butter-Cream Strat , not tele
    Polar White Tele like in the video in this thread or ButterScotch Blonde which i have ordered :D

6. medveman

medveman TDPRI Member

7. DougM

DougM Poster Extraordinaire

Interesting that Thomman is charging less for all Fenders, including these new ones, than what we pay here. For instance, $599 for maple necks and $622 for PF, versus $649 and $675 here for these new Player series. I guess it's to steal customers all over Europe away from their local dealers, like Anderton's in the UK. And they can do that by undercutting other's pricing, since MAP policies aren't allowed over there. And that's what the whole raid on Fender's UK headquarters was about.

8. RoCkstAr256

I paid around 600 Usd too, well didnt expected it to have cheaper price than other stores aeound UE, USA

9. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

Nice to see Alnico V pickups in both Tele and Strat Player models. Prices are good too; then again I suspect the Player/Standard series is Fender's biggest seller apart from maybe Squier, so pricing needs to be keen.

10. RoCkstAr256

This is what i have in mind, Standard/Player might is for sute top 3 seller from Fender guitars. I believe actuall ranking might be:

1# Classic Vibe Squier 50
    2# Standard/Player Telecaster
    3# Classic Series

11. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

Also, Fender have at last decided to have the second tone control on the Strat wired to the bridge pickup. Hallelujah! Frets are also taller and narrower than on the old Standards.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  12. RoCkstAr256

WOW this is first time i see blonde coloru that lovely ! :

Can't wait for mine 1,2 days !

13. RoCkstAr256

Chapman and Lee Review :

14. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

Cierpliwosc!

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  15. horax

horax Tele-Afflicted

dang...hadn't heard of these.

I would LOVE to get a butterscotch one. That 'scotch' looks amazing!
    I think I prefer the non bent saddles, but one can't be picky....especially when they
    added alnico V pickups to the mix!

Capture.PNG

mimmo, RoCkstAr256 and AndrewG like this.
  16. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

Ok, a couple of things; on another forum (TGP), someone posted a piece from an employee of a large guitar store (unnamed), in which he said that a large number of the new Player series have had to be returned to Fender with various issues, namely dodgy electronics, poorly cut nuts and fret sprout. I was initially sceptical, but I just spoke with the manager of my local store, Manson's in Exeter, who confirmed that of the 12 Strats and Teles they initially received, four have been returned to Fender as unacceptably flawed. So, if you're buying online, beware.
    I suspect corners were cut in production in order to meet release schedules, but I have no doubt these issues will be sorted once production gets underway properly.
    Tomorrow I'm going to check out a Tidepool Blue Telecaster and a gorgeous Buttercream Stratocaster, which I am assured are 100% fine. I wonder what will follow me home...I think it might be the Strat, or maybe the Tele. Decisions, decisions...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    RoCkstAr256, Nubs and horax like this.
  17. Ben-Zion

Ben-Zion Tele-Holic

I am about to pre-order a LEFT-HANDED Player in White/Pau Ferro. I don't "need" another Tele, but I cannot recall the last time that Fender offered a production RW/Pau fingerboard on a Lefty Telecaster. I have never been a maple 'board enthusiast. I feel like I "owe" it to someone to buy this thing, if nothing else just to confirm to Fender that southpaws will respond to a little bit of Lefty variety for once...

I'm not "TOO" worried about quality control, as I've always found the Hecho en Mexico" Fenders to be top notch. We will see...

Lefty Addams, DougM and Nubs like this.
  18. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

19. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Seem like some nice upgrades from the standard in most cases. Alnico pups, 2 point trem, strat tone shift.

Guess they always have to have sunburst, black, and white, huh? I am sure they sell or they wouldn't. I do like the new metallics though. Wonder how popular the buttercream will be?

20. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

Buttercream looks great on the Strat. I wonder if it will appeal to Malmsteen fans? Colour looks similar here, but considerably cheaper: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/hum...ee-shipping-Yngwie-Malmsteen/32820692043.html

Bruxist likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.