New member from Georgia

CastinBlaster

TDPRI Member
Writing to introduce myself - long time lurker, first time member, from the land of Jerry Reed. I’ve played guitar since I was a kid, at varying degrees of seriousness, but took a hiatus for about a decade and am slowly trying to return to my previous skill level, and grow beyond it. Growing up, I didn’t realize I was a Tele guy. But now I definitely am.

I love spending time going down Tele rabbit holes on this forum…pickups, mods, electronics…it’s all so interesting.

Current guitars include:
- 2019 American Performer Tele (copper penny) (currently getting new pickups put in)
- Squier Classic Vibe ‘60s Custom Tele (burst) (the best sounding of my electric guitars)
- 1997 American Standard Strat (played rarely now that I have two Teles)
- 1996 Martin HD28

And my only amp currently is a ‘66 Vibro Champ. I really enjoy playing through it, too!

Looking forward to continuing to learn and grow here. Thanks!

Last edited:

CastinBlaster

TDPRI Member
Welcome! nice gear list there, and pics are encouraged here!
3C588EE4-664D-40AB-9ED5-E07C8DF52FF4.jpeg

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Growing up in North Florida. I feel practically at home in Georgia. I have family and friends that live in Thomasville. A few hours north from here on US 27 is one the most incredible farms in the whole country, White Oak Pastures. Lots of good music came out of Macon, and of course, and Atlanta. I became somewhat of a Dawgs fan when Mark Richt left FSU to coach at GA. Lake Rabun and Lake Burton in North Georgia nestled in the mountainous foothills are absolutely gorgeous. Even being in North Carolina or Tennessee for a while, you hit a certain point in Georgia when you know you're in the Deep South. The girl at the gas station says, "How are you sweetie?" Oh, finally, I'm home.