New Mastodon track

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by buster poser, May 13, 2021.

1. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

https://pitchfork.com/news/mastodon-share-new-song-forged-by-neron-listen/

Mastodon have shared a new song. “Forged by Neron” appears on the forthcoming soundtrack to DC Comics’ Dark Nights: Death Metal, which arrives digitally June 18 and physically July 16 via Loma Vista. Listen to “Forged by Neron” below.

The soundtrack for Dark Nights: Death Metal is executive produced by composer Tyler Bates, who has worked on scores for Guardians of the Galaxy, John Wick, and more. The OST will include music from Denzel Curry, Manchester Orchestra, Chelsea Wolfe, IDLES, and Soccer Mommy, among others.

Mastodon’s “Forged by Neron” title refers to a demon lord of Hell who appears throughout the series. “We are super excited and honored to be part of the Dark Nights: Death Metal Soundtrack!” Mastodon’s Brann Dailor said in a press release. “We’ve all been fans of DC Comics and the Batman universe since we were kids, so it really means a lot for us to be able to add something to that world.”

northernguitar and BorderRadio like this.
  2. _MementoMori_

_MementoMori_ Tele-Afflicted

Just listened to this yesterday. I get emails from Gunship and they're on this soundtrack too. I'll probably pick this up on vinyl even though I'm not a comic book fan.

3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

sweet. thanks for posting

buster poser likes this.
  4. Mike_LA

Mike_LA Tele-Afflicted

Massatooon
    Awesome guitarist

5. northernguitar

northernguitar Friend of Leo's

Cool....sounds like from the Crack the Skye era. Such an amazing band. Unbelievable in concert.

buster poser and _MementoMori_ like this.
  6. _MementoMori_

_MementoMori_ Tele-Afflicted

Their best album, I think. And "The Czar" on it is their best song, period. Probably one of my favorite metal songs of all time.

7. northernguitar

northernguitar Friend of Leo's

I agree....but I like Blood Mountain and Leviathan just as much!

8. ieatlions

ieatlions Tele-Holic

I was lucky enough to meet the band in the Hatchett Inn in Bristol before one of their gigs.

True story:

I was having a pint and speaking to Brent about old horror films. He was passionately telling me about some old horror film that I hadn’t seen, talking ten to the dozen. A girl walked over and interrupted him and asked

“Can I touch your beard?!” She asked

He stopped speaking for a spilt second to reply to her
    “Sure go for it”

She gave it a quick polite caress and walked away. He didn’t even blink!! And continued to talk to me about this horror film.

It was surreal, funny and fascinating.

9. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

So cool. Love that town btw, spent one of the best nights of my life there in the company of super-gracious locals, friends of my pal from Jersey. Great D&B clubs, two pubs owned by one of the guys we were with. Epic city I hope to get back to.

I saw them once with Primus and it was ear-splittingly shrill and loud; the venue had no ear plugs and I hadn't brought mine, couldn't deal with the whole show. Major bummer, looking forward to catching them if they ever pass through here.

ieatlions likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.