New made in USA Orange .. interesting?

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
This just popped up on my YT feed. This is really interesting to me, I've not heard of the guy but he's obviously a big thing in the USA. So Orange making the amp in the USA and having that as a selling point for USA customers makes sense (may not even be available here?) ... interesting though, it's like Mesa making an amp in the UK for a Mesa artist who's popular here, not something I would see coming.

scelestus

Tele-Afflicted
One wonders who the U.S. is building it…BAD??? Or…is Orange setting up their own manufacturing [email protected]? I read a couple of articles but did not find that info. The GP does describe the method of building the circuit…..”PTP on a turret board.” Lol……which one is it Guitar Player???????.
I could have sworn that at some point Orange was building 4x12s in the US because the UK ones were too expensive to ship over here. Maybe it's the same factory or principle at work?

Chud

Poster Extraordinaire
I could have sworn that at some point Orange was building 4x12s in the US because the UK ones were too expensive to ship over here. Maybe it's the same factory or principle at work?

I think Doug from Jet City was making Orange's cabs in the US back in the day. I know he's restarted his cab business along with the Jet City amp line, but I don't know if he's doing anything for Orange again.

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
One wonders who the U.S. is building it…BAD??? Or…is Orange setting up their own manufacturing [email protected]? I read a couple of articles but did not find that info. The GP does describe the method of building the circuit…..”PTP on a turret board.” Lol……which one is it Guitar Player???????.

yeah, I did wonder that myself.

It's apparently hand made and hand wired by somebody over there. :)

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
I think Doug from Jet City was making Orange's cabs in the US back in the day. I know he's restarted his cab business along with the Jet City amp line, but I don't know if he's doing anything for Orange again.

Mojotone made cabs for a lot of companies too I think, that seems a fairly common practice from what I can gather.

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
It uses 2 x 12AX7s. That makes me think that it has a cathodyne phase inverter, which Orange was using even in their big amps back in the day.
those big amps used only 2 x 12AX7s. This amp is cathode biased.

Si G X

Friend of Leo's

Yeah cabs are big and heavy to ship around the world, it doesn't make much sense.

In this case I'm guessing that the artist wanted his amp to be made in the USA, which is cool and cool of Orange to agree if that is the case.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
This just popped up on my YT feed. This is really interesting to me, I've not heard of the guy but he's obviously a big thing in the USA. So Orange making the amp in the USA and having that as a selling point for USA customers makes sense (may not even be available here?) ... interesting though, it's like Mesa making an amp in the UK for a Mesa artist who's popular here, not something I would see coming.

He sort of started blowing up on my IG feed the last year and a half. Haven't had the time to really sit and listen to him yet. Interesting that this is his choice. Usually it's something tweed. Lol.

11 Gauge

Doctor of Teleocity
It uses 2 x 12AX7s. That makes me think that it has a cathodyne phase inverter, which Orange was using even in their big amps back in the day.
those big amps used only 2 x 12AX7s. This amp is cathode biased.
My Marshall Origin 20H is cathode biased and has a long tailed pair PI. It has 3 12AX7s, but one is exclusively for the effects loop.

So if that Orange amp doesn't have an effects loop, and there isn't a cathode follower prior to the tone stack, I'm guessing the preamp might potentially be similar to what the Origin 20H has (tone stack is plate loaded after V1B). Or maybe it's BF/SF-like, but with more Brit-like values in the tone stack, and potentially a larger fixed midrange resistor (possibly 12K to 15K or so).

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
My Marshall Origin 20H is cathode biased and has a long tailed pair PI. It has 3 12AX7s, but one is exclusively for the effects loop.

So if that Orange amp doesn't have an effects loop, and there isn't a cathode follower prior to the tone stack, I'm guessing the preamp might potentially be similar to what the Origin 20H has (tone stack is plate loaded after V1B). Or maybe it's BF/SF-like, but with more Brit-like values in the tone stack, and potentially a larger fixed midrange resistor (possibly 12K to 15K or so).

Or…maybe it is more like those Orange MK amps from long ago in that they have three gain stages prior to the cathodyne phase inverter?
We will never know until someone has one open and analyzes it…because Orange does NOT like to turn loose of schematics for theit current production amps.

11 Gauge

Doctor of Teleocity
Or…maybe it is more like those Orange MK amps from long ago in that they have three gain stages prior to the cathodyne phase inverter?
We will never know until someone has one open and analyzes it…because Orange does NOT like to turn loose of schematics for theit current production amps.
Well, if it is indeed on some kind of turret or eyelet board, tracing it out should be a breeze. SS recto, no presence control, cathode bias (with no selections for different power output levels like the Origin has) - that's all simple and straightforward stuff.

Maybe someone will slide the chassis out and take a bunch of pics.

After seeing pics of the backside of this amp, it looks like there's 3 cap cans, so I wouldn't be surprised if the turret/eyelet board wasn't even that big.

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
MK Ultra.... ROTFLMAO!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:o_Oo_Oo_O

Interesting isn’t it that those great early Orange Amps that carried 2x 12AX7s with cathodyne phase inversion were MK amps….50 years ago. Now, this one is the ‘ULTRA’!!!
What is better than ULTRA??!!?? SUPER EXTREME!!!! They should have called it the MK SE.