New Level of Pain

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Larry F, Oct 23, 2019.

1. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Please be ok Larry.
    I have no advice, but I enjoy your comments.
    Yes, I know that sounds selfish, but you know what I mean.
    I can't imagine your plight.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  2. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

hope you can find a way to not have to suffer so. it has got to be terrible.

3. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

I Googled "hi-sigla" and turned up nothing! Are you sure you're spelling it correctly? I'm interested as to what it is.

electrichead likes this.
  4. simoncroft

simoncroft Tele-Meister

I just want to say how sorry I am to hear of the pain you're going through, Larry. We don't know each other, and we'll probably never meet, but I'm one among the many people who are wishing you well.

5. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

Larry, listen I think You're living in the wrong part of The Country.
    You need to go to Las Vegas for a few weeks. I was just talking to a friend at the market and he and his wife have pain, they're selling everything and moving there BECAUSE when they there in July they felt like Kids again. Maybe it's the desert heat...all they could talk about was getting the pain monkey off their backs.

I think You should roll the dice (metaphorically speaking) and give it a shot.
    For Your Health.

-stan

P Thought likes this.
  6. OldDude2

OldDude2 Tele-Holic

I'm keeping you in my prayers since nothing here on earth can totally heal our pain.

I herniated a few disks a long time ago and nothing could cut the pain - even morphine failed on a trip to the ER. A well meaning surgeon thought a TENS unit could help until I started burning holes in my back.

During this time my wife tried to hug me and she screamed when the darn thing shocked her through my shirt:eek:

7. OldDude2

OldDude2 Tele-Holic

Oh and travel South before the cold hits my friend.

8. KWal

KWal Tele-Meister

Darn. I thought this was a thread about a new Yoko Ono record....

Sorry Larry - first thing I thought of when I ready the title. Seriously though, there's some truth to the high desert thing. I was in Albuquerque over the weekend and my R.A. didn't hurt at all while I was there. Even during the cool evenings. An hour back in Dallas and it was kicked into high gear too.

At least the gout hasn't raised it's ugly head lately. That sucks too.

Hope you get some relief soon Amigo!

Deeve likes this.
  9. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Do you mean with the black pepper? I guess some neuro states can cause a craving for certain tastes. When it gets bad and stays bad, I sometimes find a potato chip soothing. Not chips. I really can eat one, after letting it sit on my tongue for a minute. I suppose SOMEONE could google this and see if there's a theory about black pepper.

I do get a lot of entertainment value out of the whole escapade.

10. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Ad Free Member

So sorry also all you have been through. Good you can share at a place like this. Wish you best and hope for it to diminish.

11. tubedood

tubedood Tele-Meister

Man sorry hear your sorrows with pain Larry.
    I read your posts and you have wit and humor and I didn't know you were hurting.

I can relate to some of your pain, I'm 54 and the ole lower back has dehydrated disks and slipped forward to the point of not having much room for the left leg nerve to get down to the left leg. Causes some weird symptoms and issues.

I have tried the Hysingla… its effective if your that hurting, but to me it tended to cloud my brain too much if that makes sense. It is extended release hydrocodone.

12. Geoff738

Geoff738 Poster Extraordinaire

Larry, hope you can find some relief.

Cheers,
    Geoff

13. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

were you able to get your scripts filled? I wish you all the best and sincer wishes on getting some relief from the discomfort!

14. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's

I'm sorry that your struggling Larry.
    My thoughts are with you.

Hang in there. We're all sending good thoughts your way.
    FG

15. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Yes I have a friend with advanced RA and has been experimenting with cannabis and cbds to cut down on the opioids. Helps some, and uses melted paraffin wax for the hands. I feel terrible for you, it seems a really terrible thing to live with.

getbent likes this.
  16. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's

Distraction for pain relief is a real thing. After having my neck fracture surgery (not a fun time in my life) I was in a lot of pain all day long. I finally decided that I had to go for walk or something just to try and shake the pain. With my head in a neck brace, I couldn't see the ground and broke the pinky toe on my left foot against the weight bench in my house. After screaming a bit, I set the break, and still decided to go for that walk. After a couple of blocks in the fresh air I realized that my toe hurt about as bad as my neck did and was now starting to take over. As I reflected on that, I caught the pinky toe on right foot (wore sandals due to the first break) in a chain link fence along the sidewalk....snapped that one too.

I damn near had to crawl back to the apartment, but once inside I realized that my neck didn't hurt at all anymore. It was replaced by the pain in my toes, which was a different kind of pain and a more bearable one. It was actually a plus in the end.

It sounds crazy, but what you need is to be struck by lightning. I have been and one of the consequences was that I didn't feel things like cold and pain much at all for years until the nerves regenerated. I went through 5 Midwest winters without wearing as much as a jacket because I never felt the cold on my skin. Pain was only a minor sensation as well. Sadly, it only lasted about 5 years and now I am a Tin Man in need of oil most days.

Deeve likes this.
  17. bluzkat

bluzkat Tele-Holic

I didn't use Google but... I do know hot peppers cause the body to release endorphines. I imagine a good jolt of black pepper might also release endorphines. I'm not sure there would be much relief as the effect is pretty mild.

Sending positive thoughts your way from a fellow chronic pain sufferer. Hang in there, brother.

18. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Sorry to hear about the pain, Larry. I see my wife in pain with her spine and it just kills me. Wishing you relief, Larry.

19. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I am sorry that you have to endure such pain. I am one of the fortunate who seems to do well no matter what. I saw my son though endure pain no one should ever have to suffer. I have seen close up what pain can do. I hope somehow you can find relief.

20. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Larry,

I'm sending up lots of prayers that your pain will ease, my internet friend. I wish you the best.

God be with you.

Take Care,
    Tony T.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.