New Kid in Town

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
Welcome to the TDPRI!

Make yourself at home!

I got my first guitar, an archtop acoustic, the year the Beatles first came to America. I was a teenager myself.

pippoman

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Hi from the Old Guitar Man. I got my first guitar on Feb 19th, 1964 after watching all those girls scream at the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. I was 14 at the time. I thought I need to get a guitar FAST! It was a German made Klira strat style covered in Red Naugahyde. I finally purchased my first professional level guitar in 1988. It was a 1952 Butterscotch Tele reissue. After 34 years, it is still my favorite guitar to play. It has a very slim and fast neck. It has very few nicks and scratches on it. I have been slowly wearing the finish off of the fret board. I consider the fretboard wear a badge of honor because I wore it off with my own four fingers. It didn't come that way from the factory. I am now the proud owner of several other guitars, including a 1988 Gibson Les Paul, a Fender pro series Strat and a Gibson ES-335. I played in a band around Portland OR for a short time. I play at a few open mics but mostly just for my own enjoyment.
Born in 52, saw the Beatles on the same show and had the same thoughts as you regarding guitar. I had already developed an interest in guitar by then having played my dad’s 43 Gibson J-45 which he still has and it’s willed to me. I mostly played old country songs and was learning chords, but the Beatles opened a new horizon and I adjusted course accordingly. Got my first electric in 1966 and never looked back.

Welcome to the forum and don’t make yourself scarce.

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
Hi from the Old Guitar Man. I got my first guitar on Feb 19th, 1964 after watching all those girls scream at the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. I was 14 at the time. I thought I need to get a guitar FAST! It was a German made Klira strat style covered in Red Naugahyde. I finally purchased my first professional level guitar in 1988. It was a 1952 Butterscotch Tele reissue. After 34 years, it is still my favorite guitar to play. It has a very slim and fast neck. It has very few nicks and scratches on it. I have been slowly wearing the finish off of the fret board. I consider the fretboard wear a badge of honor because I wore it off with my own four fingers. It didn't come that way from the factory. I am now the proud owner of several other guitars, including a 1988 Gibson Les Paul, a Fender pro series Strat and a Gibson ES-335. I played in a band around Portland OR for a short time. I play at a few open mics but mostly just for my own enjoyment.
Welcome aboard!

Please post a picture of your guitar(s).

Mike M

Tele-Afflicted
"after watching all those girls scream at the Beatles on Ed Sullivan."

Welcome to the forum and..."get a haircut hippie!" (to make you feel welcome) :)

drf64

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Welcome from Albuquerque, New Mexico. Its pretty hard to imagine a naugahyde covered guitar ..... well maybe we shouldn't. Well your newer one sounds pretty cool