New joiner from the UK.

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by KelvinS1965, Apr 10, 2014.

1. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

I have to confess I came across this site looking for information to help me restore my Squier '57 Strat that I've had for over 30 years. :oops:

However in my defence I do have a Telecaster, though it's a basic Affinity one I bought maybe 11-12 years ago initially to take with me when travelling with work. I figured that for £100 or so if it did get stolen from the boot of my car it wouldn't be the end of the world. Lucky that didn't happen as I've become quite attached to it as I like the simplicity of the Tele.

Anyway, I changed jobs and don't do the travelling, so about 7 years ago I treated the Tele to a set of Fender Vintage pickups I bought from a store in London's 'Tin Pan Alley'. I think they cost more than the guitar, but they certainly added a worthwhile improvement. It plays really well and has a decent (maple) neck on it and though my modelling amp (Line 6) I can really get a nice Tele twang out of it.

It's a plain mid blue which I've not seen on any of the threads on here. I'll have to take a photo and add it to the 'Blue Teles' thread I found yesterday, though it doesn't look as cool as some of the ones on that thread, hopefully it's of interest.

2. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Welcome aboard.

3. Dingbat

Dingbat Friend of Leo's

Cheers KelvinS and welcome!

4. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome to the forum !!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.