New Joe Strummer Tele release

McGoldTopp

Tele-Meister
Dammit… the sticker on the box says to wait 24 hour to prevent damage to the finish….

Sax-son

Friend of Leo's
What would be so special about this Telecaster? Looks like somebody went to Lowes or Home Depot, bought a bunch of spray paint and went wild. Primer on the pickguard? Those things are as cheap as they come to buy a new one. Nothing I would be interested in.

McGoldTopp

Tele-Meister
The strap is out for delivery…. Best deal I could find was $39….

I have no clue what the top of the line American made telecaster is, or what the price is, because I never cared to own one. This is better.

If Joe don’t like it he’s welcome to come over and rip it from my grasp. I hope his family is benefiting from my purchase.

McGoldTopp

Tele-Meister
Strap isn’t as high quality as I had hoped, $15 strap with some faux leopard skin, but she completes the package and will be enjoyed.

Troubleandahalf

Tele-Afflicted
Perhaps, if I'm all lost in the supermarket.

If I had a YouTube channel where I played along to a lot of Clash songs, I'd be tempted. But I don't do that, so.

mimmo

Poster Extraordinaire
To put it very simply Joe had massive charisma and wanted a black Tele.

We lost Joe way too soon, he was doing such a great come back with the Mescaleros.

Agreed.
Joe wanted a black telecaster because he saw another great guy, Wilko Johnson, and thought he was way cool with his black telecaster.

Love them both.

McGoldTopp

Tele-Meister
Perhaps, if I'm all lost in the supermarket.

If I had a YouTube channel where I played along to a lot of Clash songs, I'd be tempted. But I don't do that, so.
To put it very simply Joe had massive charisma and wanted a black Tele.

We lost Joe way too soon, he was doing such a great come back with the Mescaleros.

The Clash is just one of many bands that inspired me, and I wasn’t even looking to get a signature model geetar, but this was just too cool for me to miss out on.

I can see it being in my top 5 guitars, and getting gigged regularly.

I’m not a sig model collector, but I have 3 now, the Joan Jet Olympic because she’s another inspiration, and the Yngwie Strat because the geetar is super cool, but not so big into the music, but I’ll see him live any chance I get