New Joe Strummer Tele release

McGoldTopp

Tele-Meister
As crappy as this geetar obviously is, I am considering re-routing the money I am saving for a 620 rickenbackerā€¦.

I did just place an order for a set of the missing stickersā€¦ā€¦.

MaxPower93

TDPRI Member
But the Beatles were!
? I guess you donā€™t remember. The clash had a gigantic sign that said the clash are not for sale positioned above the stage at the 1983 US festival. The promoter then put a giant copy of the check written out to the clash up on the big screen. What do the Beatles have to do with it? I donā€™t believe the Beatles hyped anti establishment ideals either. Did you buy the Joe Strummer toothbrush too?

McGoldTopp

Tele-Meister
Beatlesforsale.jpg

Alamo

Doctor of Teleocity
Got the early one for Ā£500. Don't see the point in this, just another cash cow for Fender exploiting JS 70th, and the 20th anniversary of his passing.
500 british dollars is fair price IMO and after that you don't have to worry about real life relic'ing.
at $1800 US though, do you have to keep it pristine "relic'd ?

McGoldTopp

Tele-Meister
gonna Kirchen the control plate...

an expensive way to tryout a 7.5" board for the first time...

I did NOT opt for the $50 Joe Strummer guitar strap... that's just ridiculous....

Andy Summers

Friend of Leo's
I want to hate it. I should hate it. But, I don't. And I want one. I love vintage frets and this thing, from the videos I've seen, sounds wonderful. I do feel it is overpriced, but I still may spend the money. And in the end, things are only worth what people would pay. Whether I should or not...well, I like it and see the value. So why not? But we shall see.

McGoldTopp

Tele-Meister
I played on one and it felt great. Not too heavy. I kind of want it, except not too into signature guitars.

before I pulled the trigger I looked heavily at the Hynde and the Mascis model telecasters....

the strummer just had that something about it....

other than that I'd just get that 50's tele, if any at all....

I wasn't even in the market for a 'nuther geetar when I saw the strummer.....

Last edited: