New Joe Strummer Tele release

Brad Pittiful

Telefied
Ad Free Member
It’s not even beat up. The “relicing” is printed.
i have the 07...some of it is reliced...the
1. That's just stupid money for that guitar. I could buy a better life for $1,799.
2. I can't find any specs or reference to it being a printed finish. It's likely 'worn' using a stencil, like most Road Worns
3. Only guitar.com would inform people that it has a "hardtail" bridge. Morons.
they made replicas of his white guitar...it went for 15k

scotabilly

Tele-Meister
I call BS on the whole thing. What the hell does Fender take us for?
I made my own for $400. If Fender wanted the guitar to be in the spirit of Joe Strummer, it would be a low-cost Squier.

Attachments

• mystrummer-1.jpg
    mystrummer-1.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 37

plexi69

TDPRI Member
I thought it sounded good. I would like to know more about the pickups they are using in them.

user name

Tele-Meister
A friend of mine had one of the original ones. It was a nice Tele if you didn't mind the look of it.
I love Joe and I love the Clash, but this is twice what they should be charging. It feels like another money grab from Fender.

Sparky2

Poster Extraordinaire
That's a cool guitar, but I'm not enough of a Joe Strummer / The Clash fan to spend that much on a relic'ed guitar.

AND I'm about to retire in 3.5 months, and I'll be going on a fixed income.

AND I probably need to sell some guitars, not buy some.

AND if I could get a guitar owned and played by Rick Derringer, I would probably pay that much.

I'm gonna shut up now.

😞

Brad Pittiful

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I call BS on the whole thing. What the hell does Fender take us for?
I made my own for $400. If Fender wanted the guitar to be in the spirit of Joe Strummer, it would be a low-cost Squier.
the family of joe owns the tele...fender had to pay them to make a copy...with that the cost will increase

John C

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Wow, $1799 msrp for a Mexican Tele. I bought my AO '52 new for a little over $1500, out the door, back in 2018. Granted, times they are a changin' but I was a fan of the Clash and Joe Strummer in particular back in the '70's but there's no way in the world I would pay this sort of money for a guitar like this.

I just looked and $1799 isn't MSRP, it's the price Sweetwater has the guitar listed for on their website.

Everything is crazy money these days - the AO 50s current street price is $2,150. But this re-release of the Strummer seems to be quite a cash grab.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
I like Joe Strummer's public image that working class anarchist routine, his father was
Ronald Ralph Mellor MBE (1916–1984), was born in the Indian city of Lucknow due to his own father's job as a railway official in India, and became a clerical officer who later attained the rank of second secretary in the foreign service.
Working class hero, I think not!

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
A couple of years ago I bought a Traynor amp. When I went to check it out, the guy said that his old Telecaster was included with the amp. It was a home made relic. I don't like relics, and I didn't think this one was that good. I took it, since it was included with the amp. I figured I'd keep the Traynor and flip the Telecaster. Turns out I loved the way that guitar felt. I ended up flipping the amp and keeping the guitar. I added the Joe Strummer stickers because the guitar kind of reminded me of his old Tele. I would have never bought this guitar intentionally, but now that I own it I kind of like it.

1662519742307.png

mimmo

Poster Extraordinaire
It is crazy money and as long as I love Joe, I will probably not buy it.
However, had they released a MIM version of the white esquire with the black strip, I would have been very, very weak.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire

Buy the sticker and beat up your own guitar.
ooh? oh, auh?, awe there's and idea,yeah ! that's an idea innit It sure is an idea, oh I get it, why the hells bells? who'-dah thunk it. real counterfeits on a real counterfeit revolutionary , reliced guitar. brilliant, bloody fu'-king brilliiant
here just take my money go ahead I'm game while your at it...

mugger muggers 1.jpg

hit me over the head and take all my money keep the guitar then I will have really been robbed , do you like that? I thought you would. oh before you give me a good crackin', listen to this, right, After finishing his time at City of London Freemen's School in 1970, Strummer moved on to the Central School of Art and Design in London, where he briefly considered becoming a professional cartoonist and completed a one-year foundation course.
He did become a cartoon; a rock and roll cartoon as it were.
His father’s was Ronald Mellor. His father worked as a British diplomat.
Will the real John Graham Mellor of Ankara, Turkey, please stand up.
krazy cat..jpg

Last edited:

IrishBread69

Tele-Holic
I love Joe and I love the Clash, but this is twice what they should be charging. It feels like another money grab from Fender.
It's twice what you would pay for it you mean. For other people it's fine.

Money grab...I mean, that's what businesses do, right?