New JHS Morning Glory Sounds Compressed...

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by TelecastrMastr, Sep 22, 2020.

1. TelecastrMastr

TelecastrMastr TDPRI Member

Hello, everyone! I was so excited to get a JHS Morning Glory after eyeballing one for a while. Bought it off Sweetwater since there are no JHS Dealers in my state.

I plugged it in and sounds quite compressed. A bit like I’m hitting a wall with it and losing some dynamics. I played with the hi-cut and ultimately sided with it off to fight the compressed sounds.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? I’m running it though a Fender DRRI. I also have a Boss CE-1 before it which is boosting my signal as a preamp.

Every video of it I heard I absolutely loved, but I feel so perplexed with it on my board... Am I crazy?! Am I doing something wrong? Am I just not used to a Bluesbreaker tone?

I attached a photo of my board in case someone can see something that might be causing the problem.

Thanks and much love!

Attached Files:

2. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

Sorry to hear. I love that pedal. It does attenuate the volume well when its turned down, I guess that is compressed sounding.

TelecastrMastr likes this.
  3. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I play an Exotic BB Preamp, the original orange one, not the modded "Comp" or Timmons models. After discovering the BB, ALL overdrives sound compressed to me.

4. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

I loved the Morning Glory v4 with my Marshall. It was unusable with my AC-10 -- it just made it louder, not dirtier. It definitely depends on the amp and guitar.

5. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I didn't like it with my 68 custom Princeton at all. Don't recall it sounding compressed, but I don't recall it sounding dynamic either.

Got a snouse bb2 now which sounds way better to me with my setup.

6. TelecastrMastr

TelecastrMastr TDPRI Member

Interesting! I’m going to check that pedal out. :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.