New Jazzcaster, partsmaster thingy!

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by gitold, Aug 25, 2019.

1. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

607D6433-5E53-4E39-914E-E1320605A47C.jpeg Bought this beautiful baby blue Warmoth body a while back. Had plans to make a partscaster with a Schecter Tele neck and guts. Didn’t work out, neck didn’t fit among other things so I sold the Schecter and the body sat in a closet for a year. Decided I’d buy a Squier bullet Tele and put the parts into the Warmouth body and build a little funky beater. Well I ordered the Squire on sale a month ago and what a wreck. The high e was off the side of the neck and the neck itself was filthy and the frets were rough and ragged. If I was some kid and this was my first guitar I would have been very bummed. Being that this wasn’t my first go round I took the neck off and cleaned it. Wow not so bad after all! Polished the frets, filed the fret ends, put it back together and it played very well. Neck fit like a glove on the Warmoth, so far so good. The bridge didn’t fit the holes drilled into the body so I bought a Wilkinson. Bought a pair of GFS goldfoils and put it all together today. Sounds great, plays great, hallelujah! Really digging the goldfoils. They really have there own thing going on. Not your normal Tele sound at all. The bridge could top load or through body so I top loaded for ships and grins. I really like this funky little dude even though I have too much into it.it It’s going to be a bunch o fun!

GearHund, rze99, Esckrimador and 7 others like this.
  2. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

That’s very cool, I dig it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nice! How would you describe the sound of a gold foil pickup vs. a "normal" single coil?

4. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

They’re not noisy, clear but not brittle or super bright, very different from Tele or strat single coils. They come in two flavors ferrite and alnico 5. I put the ferrite in the neck and a alnico 5 in the bridge. They sound great together, perfect rhythm sound. I like them a lot. I’m not sure how close they are to real old school gold foils but for 32 bucks apiece they’re great.

5. Mase

Mase Tele-Meister

Very tidy, I like it a lot.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.