1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New-ish guitar is showing signs of use already.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by ECC83, Nov 24, 2020.

1. DrBeezus

DrBeezus Tele-Meister

Same thing happened to mine :)

[​IMG]

2. nick79

nick79 TDPRI Member

Had my Broadcaster since June (think it was June anyway), played it loads but only at home, it’s been kept out of the case. We had a hot summer and a cold snap this last week, I’ve noticed some very fine cracks in the finish - you have to really look for them and get the light just right.
    Also, where my arm rests on the top is going slightly dull and it looks like the lacquer is starting to sink into the wood too.
    Wasn’t expecting to see this so early on but I like it, the guitar is taking on some character and I didn’t need to go custom shop to get it.

3. budglo

budglo Tele-Meister

This is all good news as I just bought my Broadcaster 2 weeks ago. I honestly haven’t put it down for very long.

4. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Afflicted

A little drop fill and some sanding and polish and you won't even see that chip.

5. budglo

budglo Tele-Meister

Hmm. That case looks like it is in mint condition. Is that a custom shop logo reflecting in the pickguard? Btw, I love it!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  6. Billy3

Billy3 Tele-Meister

Custom reiic! I can't stand (I might piss some people off here) FAKE relic jobs. Let your hands do the job naturally. You'll feel more pleasure from it. It's a feel thing! Every guitar has it's scars. They are a badge of honor. Otherwise keep it in a case and just look at it. Keep on pickin!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.