New house appliances, what have you purchased lately to be pleasantly surprised about?

Weazel

Tele-Afflicted
I will start. I just picked up a Bosch cordless and bagless vacuum cleaner (2 in 1).

I am kicking myself for not doing this years ago.

I have for many years been using a very good Miele traditional vacuum cleaner with a cord, bag and a weight like a small Toyota hatchback. So for those reasons, vacuuming has always been a drag.

Not anymore.

I am obviously keeping the Miele for the really heavy work, but for daily duty the cordless is a blessing.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I bought a small heater on sale for 23 bucks, last year. 3 bars @400W each with 3 switches for blends.

... I hardly used it last winter, but this winter it's been on most mornings to keep my toes/legs warm under the table... it's been been chillier than usual...

heater1.jpg

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
It’s not new but three years ago we got a GE Profile series gas range. Dual ovens (one conventional and one convection) with the obligatory 5 burner stove top. The center burner can be used normally or you can use the griddle/grate feature.

Next in line is a new fridge. We probably will go with another GE

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
My girlfriend exited last August with her kids, two of our dogs, and all the furniture except my bed, a crappy kitchen table, and the oldest of all the TV sets.

So I've bought two Samsung TV s. A 55" for my living room, which I absolutely love--and a 32" for my bedroom. I haven’t set up the smaller one yet because I don't have anything wide enough for its feet, they're 29 inches apart for stability.

The neat thing about Samsung is their TV Plus. I get probably 200 channels free, with some pretty good programming in the package.

Smokin OP

Tele-Afflicted
Our 4 year old Samsung fridge died a couple on months ago. After dealing with Samsung & the repair folks they assigned to me, who I only talked to on the phone...they failed to show on 4 different appointment days, we finally found one to our specs a few weeks ago & was delivered last week. The problem finding one is the 2 big box stores mainly sell the above mentioned brand which I will not buy again. So we bought a GE and for the first time ever an extended warranty.

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
New HVAC system, if that counts. It was expensive but it's been really efficient so far. Our power bill is actually less while the house is cooler and the upgraded filtering system helps too.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
An orange Redmond toaster with a defrost and bagel setting...pretty cool after our ancient almond colored one decided to quit burning the toast :lol:😂🤣😂.

We did all new appliances during the pandemonium. The coolest things there are a microwave hood that is only 10.25" high...leaving more room to work on the stovetop...AND a dishwasher with a third drawer at the top--very handy.

Weazel

Tele-Afflicted
One of those robot vacuums. Works great.
I considered a robot vac, and borrowed one from a friend to try out (because I was not sure how the cat would handle it). I have seen videos of cats riding around the house on these things, so I was optimistic.

Turned out the cat totally freaked out, with the hissing and the running away and the hiding under the sofa and the sinking his claws in my arm while trying to calm him down.

And the sitting and staring at me from a distance for a long while afterwards.
You know, beeing a cat.

The new upright cordless vac? The cat is is sceptical, but as long as he sees that it is me handling it, he seems to tolerate it.

He still stares at me though.

dhodgeh

Tele-Meister
Vitamix blender.

Kale smoothies with other assorted goodies (flax, matcha, hemp, cacao, bananas), for the whole family daily.

Wifey has been wanting a Vitamix blender for a while now, but was hesitant to pull the trigger with a $600 price tag.

Amazon Prime Days came to the rescue with a model at half price so, we've been on a smoothie kick ever since we received the sucker......

D

Cpb2020

Tele-Holic
Wifey has been wanting a Vitamix blender for a while now, but was hesitant to pull the trigger with a $600 price tag.

Amazon Prime Days came to the rescue with a model at half price so, we've been on a smoothie kick ever since we received the sucker......

D
We got ours at a discount as well. The benefit I hadn’t realized is how darn easy it is to clean. Fill 1/3 with warm water, 1 drop of dish detergent, run on high, rinse.

I won’t pay that kind of money for something I rarely use, but this is used near-daily.